Faulty MAF sensors?

rickyquicky

Reaction score
So an injector loom and an injector later, my misfire has now gone according to the diagnostics machine.

However my engine is still shaking under load, and it doesnt sound like its the flywheel.

So my next thing to check is the MAF sensor, can anyone give me any info or symptoms they've had with a faulty one? Thanks in advance! :icon_thumright:

shaking under load??

On the road, or on a dyno?

Dont think it's been on a dyno Warren

I replaced the MAF on a previously owned Mercedes C200. The symptons resembled the car firing on only two or three cylinders, a severe lack of power, shuddering/vibration from the engine, a lot of engine noise and a really rough idle. For some reason the MAF fault didn't show up on the diagnostic but all the symptoms pointed to it needing replaced.

Hmmm... seem to be having the same issue. I actually had misfires in cylinder 4 which the Audi techs couldn't identify, which in turn leads me to believe that they are even more useless than I previously thought (same guys that took the car to listen for brake squeal with the windows... they didn't hear anything wrong with the brakes... pads were actually unglued form backing plate). I installed the APR HPFP and new cam follower and problem seemed to go away till yesterday when it was cold and rainy the car started jerking while accelerating on the highway... 120km+ in 6th gear. Hadn't thought about the MAF... almost ordered up new coils and plugs today as a matter of fact.

Someone did tell me now that I think about to to try to take the MAF out and give it a good shot of compressed air to clean any particles off, that might work.

Gave mine a good clean today with brake cleaner, reinstalled it and it doesn't seem to have gotten any better, it does work sometimes though...its worth a try on yours!

SCN is Seat Cupra Net. It is a lot more of a tuning and modifing forum for both petrol and diesel engines/cars.