faulty cd changer!!!!

Sm3g

STANDARD S3 (225bhp)
Reaction score
hey guys,the cd changer in my 52reg s3,is refusing to play a cd,it justs making some groaning noise for about 10seconds then comes up with ERROR 3?????

i carnt load anymore cds into the unit as all 6 slots are full,

any ideas on if anything can be done to fix it,or is it going to be a full new sympothy unit????

any ideas guys,anything will help me out??:sadlike:

no mate,all 6 slots are full.and it wont let me eject any of the cds either,its doing my head in just listening to the radio!haha

same problem ive had it 3 years, i listen to radio and dug out my old early 90's Graham Park and Groove Rider dj tapes lol.

CD is basically jamed you need to get the unit out and try and open it up to sort it out. It seems to common issue, I dont have security code for mine so never bothered taking it out.

im debating just buying a 3nd hand replacement from ebay,but just need to know if the same radio out of a audi a6 will fit straight in as there are a few for sale on ebay??
think this might be the easier option as getting it fixed maybe expensive!!

81412-Claw-Hammer.jpg

How about the cable from h/u to changer? I've had them go on me in the past on non vag cars

its the symphony 2,so its the built in cd changer mate in my head unit its all built as one!! im taking it to a repair shop on saturday but im not holding my breath as im pretty sure its probably fecked,,or will cos me more to repair than a new one:-(

alright guys

quick update i took my radio to shop and they wanted £120 to fix it,iv just picked up a 2nd had genuine symphony ll,from ebay for £30 as the lad had lost the code for it,,my question is that if i take it to the shop and get it de coded will it just go straight into my car and work fine,as a mate said each radio is unique to the cars vin number is this true?????