Facelift Facelift S3 Steering wheel retrofit issue?

lakers1234

Reaction score
Hi all

I've got a 64 plate S3 with paddle shift and I have put a 2017 Audi S3 steering wheel facelift with paddle shift on

On the PFL steering wheel, I could go on the menu where I can select Digital speedo, car efficiency, ACC etc.

PFL STEERING

Now it seems, the replacement for the button that had the 3 lines on it, for the PFL is the 'VIEW' button on the FL steering wheel, is that correct?

FL STEERING S3

Everything else works, Paddles, volume buttons, cruise control, etc etc, the only thing that doesn't work is the 'VIEW' button and the 'Return / back' button below the 'view' buttom. Nothing comes up on the Dash when I press this button as it used to when I pressed the button on the PFL one

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get back to that screen where I select digital speedo, efficiency , ACC range etc?

Thanks

Hi all

I've got a 64 plate S3 with paddle shift and I have put a 2017 Audi S3 steering wheel facelift with paddle shift on

On the PFL steering wheel, I could go on the menu where I can select Digital speedo, car efficiency, ACC etc.

View attachment 189520

Now it seems, the replacement for the button that had the 3 lines on it, for the PFL is the 'VIEW' button on the FL steering wheel, is that correct?

View attachment 189521

Everything else works, Paddles, volume buttons, cruise control, etc etc, the only thing that doesn't work is the 'VIEW' button and the 'Return / back' button below the 'view' buttom. Nothing comes up on the Dash when I press this button as it used to when I pressed the button on the PFL one

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get back to that screen where I select digital speedo, efficiency , ACC range etc?

Thanks

Those buttons are for the virtual cockpit. I think fl cars without virtual cockpit has different buttons.

Reactions: lakers1234
Those buttons are for the virtual cockpit. I think fl cars without virtual cockpit has different buttons.

Spot on, just realised this after doing a search

Thanks for confirming this!

Might be able to just swap the button from a non vc car rather than changing the steering wheel.
Just a guess. I’m sure some of the pros on here will confirm.

You can buy just the buttons on the left hand side of the wheel and fit them. Not sure on part number. Get it from Audi by referencing a reg of a facelift car with no virtual cockpit And ask for the part number of that bit. I assume there will be some hanging around on eBay.

Ive done the same; The 'view' button loses the menu function on a non VC car. Use your original buttons and it works fine.