Exhaust valve stuck open

Wansy

Reaction score
Hi, PFL 2015 car with the sports exhaust. One of the valves is stuck open. I've done a bit of research but I'm still not sure about any sort of solution, other then a new backbox. Any ideas on an easy fix much appreciated. Thanks

It’s probably not a new back box, the flaps can apparently seize and just need a clean or could be the actuator motor has failed… don’t think the actuations are expensive.

It’s probably not a new back box, the flaps can apparently seize and just need a clean or could be the actuator motor has failed… don’t think the actuations are expensive.
Thanks. Just found out from Audi, there are separate servomotors for the flaps. £144 each

Got a bit of an update on this. So seems that where the flap sits in place, underneath is a bearing or something. It's this that's come off and as far as I know can't be replaced. So it's a new or used exhaust, I now need.

I got the same issue... exhaust valve stuck open.
Did you get it sorted?
Thanks

I got the same issue... exhaust valve stuck open.
Did you get it sorted?
Thanks

I was hoping it was just one of the servomotors at worst, but it was something that to my knowledge can't be fixed. So in the end I got a new exhaust from Audi, getting it fitted next week.