Exhaust brand for S3 - trying to find info!

miltybilty

Reaction score
I've linked a YouTube video that I'm trying to locate what exhaust was used .... It was from Germany and I don't think it is sold anymore .... But if I could at least see what was done for the exhaust then I can replicate it .... One of the nicest sounding I think ....

It sounds like a almost straight pipe but catted system and definitely 3 inch ....

Any one know anything more about it.

Sent from my DEVICE using Tapacar

Been digging ....

Seems it was done by these people ....

https://www.per4mance-engineering.de/performance-engineering/abgasanlagen/

Although I wouldn't go to them for an exhaust as I'd rather not pay for a premium custom exhaust when I can replicate it for cheaper here (Canada, so shipping and taxes plus duty's would be a bit much) and not bother with valving.

Now apparently it's catted ....

So I just wonder what silencer they used .... Muffler or resonator .... Or resonator type muffler .... And what brand ....

Anyone got any idea as to what it would be?

And what have the S3 folks done for exhaust .... Louder exhaust .... ?

This sound similar ....

What's done to this?

Any one got an idea?

Someone have something similar sounding?

I think it's also mostly straight pipe.

By hard knocks UK .... Custom Though.

Okay I'm done replying to myself for now.

Comment....

@samuelh_888 me thinks the OP is bored but after listening to the racket coming out off the exhaust in that video i am glad i settled for the BCS Powervslve at least my ears aren't bleeding but everyone to there own

Reactions: S. and samuelh_888
Just get a BCS - check YouTube.
Ya BCS Shure .... But it's quite expensive for someone in North America and it's also not quite the tone I'm looking for .... Believe me I've looked at every type of exhaust for these.

The stock system is not a restriction. Change your down pipe and that will give you a better tone and better flow.
I run an APR downpipe and 200 sport cat and still pull over 380 bhp and more importantly i have really good graph curves which show the std system flows well right through the range.
save your money for something that will give you more power.

Attachments

• CCF04062018.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 273
The stock system is not a restriction. Change your down pipe and that will give you a better tone and better flow.
I run an APR downpipe and 200 sport cat and still pull over 380 bhp and more importantly i have really good graph curves which show the std system flows well right through the range.
save your money for something that will give you more power.
Already got a catless downpipe .... So it's gonna be loudish .... But nice hopefully

I know it's not a restriction, The stock catback .... More I am looking for a certain tone as some of us do like cars sounding nice and not too plain .... Some exhaust I've heard sound too roarty or clangy, like it emphasises the 4 cylinder noise.

Also I'm going to make a custom catback when the time comes .... Over buying a catback.

Right now I'm gonna try and get a nice tune which is a far more effective use of money.

Cheers

Milltek resonated cat back was perfect for my S3. OEM one a light throttle, but with a much deeper tone, and loud when you floored it.

I think that music gave my ears aids, I had to stop at 50 seconds. No idea what the exhaust sounds like.

I think with any new exhaust what you really need from the manufacturer is performance figures for Stock Vs the product. without that basic you are fishing in the dark. This goes for all "performance" products inc things like IC's.
It seems to me a lot of these products are sold on word of mouth by people who have had them fitted without any hard evidence of performance. I get fed up with reading how " they were really nice guys" and so on? That will not make your car go faster ;)

I think with any new exhaust what you really need from the manufacturer is performance figures for Stock Vs the product. without that basic you are fishing in the dark. This goes for all "performance" products inc things like IC's.
It seems to me a lot of these products are sold on word of mouth by people who have had them fitted without any hard evidence of performance. I get fed up with reading how " they were really nice guys" and so on? That will not make your car go faster ;)
Ya I'd agree somewhat ....

Although I'd rather go to a place that gives me proper customer service, than go to a place that might have a slightly better product but rude, rough and ready people that make you feel like standing in the corner facing all the doors and windows.

I think BCS exhaust would make the same amount of power compare to a scorpion or milltek .... All pretty similar .... The scorpion and BCS would definitely be higher flow on full boost. And way better quality compared to what I've seen and heard about milltek .... Although milltek does sound decent ....

Heres where I really agree .... Intercoolers .... That's where the real data needs to be seen .... The matters the most .... And matters way more than a exhaust system.

Apparently IE makes and awesome highflow intercooler.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Well for what its worth i gained 30bhp with a Wagner ic with two dyno runs 10 days apart........and i got 381bhp with a stock exhaust....

Well for what its worth i gained 30bhp with a Wagner ic with two dyno runs 10 days apart........and i got 381bhp with a stock exhaust....
Exactly .... And that's an awesome number .... Must be a nice little beast to drive!

Ya I know aftermarket exhaust don't do much .... Personally I'm more interested in the sound of aftermarket .... Exhaust that de-4 cylinder, it as much as possible.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk