"Error 31: Request out of range" in RLS submodule

dokl36

Reaction score
Hello! Sorry for my bad english.

Skoda Superb 2012.
I try to disable rain sensor in subblock "RLS" in block "9". The result is: "Error 31: Request out of range - Coding Rejected."
---
At first I tried to set the values (in VCDS) the same as in this block of car:
Imp: 790
WSC: 33361
Equipment Number in VCDS I set to default ("000")

After change values in subblock "RLS" and click "do it", the program proposed to reinitialize and set standard values ("12345"), or save factory values, or set it manually.
Because the values in the module already different from zero, I click "No".

The result is still the same: "Error 31: Request out of range - Coding Rejected." ...

Then I try to set in VCDS standart "12345 / 123/ 12345" - nothing has changed...

Which version of VCDS did you try this with?

I'm already tried to activate some other functions like XDS and TPMS II - it successfully worked.

Last edited:

I'm already tried to activate some other functions like XDS and TPMS II - it successfully worked.
Request out of range normally pops up when:
  1. the option is not understood via VCDS yet.
  2. the needed coding conditions have not been met.
Cannot help you with number 1 and you might need to wait for VCDS / Ross-Tech to catchup. For number two, try the adaptation and or coding again after making sure the following has been completed:
  • Exit and lock car, wait 30mins for the control modules to go in to standby.
  • Unlock and enter car.
  • Make sure all doors closed but NOT locked
  • MMI system OFF
  • Ignition in 1st position / engine off
  • Connect to car and code

I took into account all the above conditions... Unfortunately, it has not brought results. I suspect that this error occurs due to partial software incompatibility of my VCDS and block "9".
For example, due to the fact that the version VCDS is late 2016, and the version of the electronic modules of the car is 2012.

In any case, thanks for the help!

Reactions: DJAlix
I took into account all the above conditions... Unfortunately, it has not brought results. I suspect that this error occurs due to partial software incompatibility of my VCDS and block "9".
For example, due to the fact that the version VCDS is late 2016, and the version of the electronic modules of the car is 2012.

In any case, thanks for the help!
Welcome :)

I think it's more a case of VCDS is not fully labeled, mapped, updated for use with your car. Generally speaking the older the car the more supported it is within newer versions of VCDS as Ross-Tech has had more time to collate all the needed support information.