EA189 Diesel Engine - Letter from Audi

mpc

Reaction score
I received a letter from Audi yesterday telling my my car has been identified as having the EA189 engine. It's an 09 plate A4 Avant 2.0 TDi S-Line, the letter basically says that they will get back to me with a technical solution when available - a service action will be required.

Does anyone know here what that service action may entail? My gut feeling is to leave it and not let Audi any where near my car for fear it will cause other problems!

If your happy with it and don't mind a few extra nitrogen oxides then I wouldn't bother.
It would be interesting to see what the UK take up on this recall/adjustment will be.

I think you will find a large % will only ever get done if they go through an Audi used/approved ownership transfer.

I got one too. I guess they will do it when it goes in for it's 3 year service.
I hope it does not affect economy.....

I doubt they would, legally, be allowed to affect economy/performance without informing owners so we just need to wait and see what the fix is. There is no point conjecturing at this stage.

Reactions: ruairi83
I would say it will effect performance, they are in effect going to have to de tune it to save the planet I would guess.

They can not make you do it, I would refuse.

It's all ifs and buts and maybes we will all find out in good time, mine is effected and not really bothered it is what it is

Got my letter through the post yesterday, I've got a Revo remap, so first thoughts reading the above comments, my A4 is going nowhere near an Audi garage!

Reactions: tolse7
Someone should do a dyno before and after...

That's how we got into this mess in the first place! Well, not you or me, we've got planet-friendly petrol engines! :s4addict::whistle2:

I love the fact they've now come out and said it's not just the 2.0L engines, but also the 1.6's... and they need new injectors!

Reactions: razza1