Droning noise from rear?

Amex88

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Whenever i drive at 60/70mph i can hear this sort of droning noise from the rear.

Im not sure what it is. I THINK i have winter tires on the rear.. only saying that as the treat goes inwards to form an arrow style..

The front tyres are staight tread? Could this possibly be the issue? Tbh even at 40 or 50mph you can slightly hear it..

Any help much apreciated!
Thanks

Does it sound like it's coming from one side in particular ? possible wheel bearing ? or like you say could be the tyres.

If a FWD car then definitely tyres or wheel bearing. Quattro versions, you have the prop shaft and diff to check as well.
Swap the front wheels with the rears and see if there’s a difference, that’s free to do.

Hi guys.

Whenever i drive at 60/70mph i can hear this sort of droning noise from the rear.

Im not sure what it is. I THINK i have winter tires on the rear.. only saying that as the treat goes inwards to form an arrow style..

The front tyres are staight tread? Could this possibly be the issue? Tbh even at 40 or 50mph you can slightly hear it..

Any help much apreciated!
Thanks
Wife?

Reactions: NHN and samuelh_888
I got a droning noise from the boot and that turned out to be the wife so i bought one of those roof boxes and she seems to prefer that...

Seriously though i had a knocking on the van over 50mph and i thought it was probably drive shafts as its just turned 105k miles. That turned out to be a hexagonal tyre. Its a 2008.5 van and the tyre was marked 2008......it had done 105k miles and was 11 years old.....Still had good tread which is why i never really suspected it.....