Drivers Side Windscreen Washer jets (UK right hand drive)

4-Candles

Reaction score
Has any one removed the drivers side Washer jet unit from under the bonnet ?
Mine has something in it which keeps blocking the jets. with some difficulty they can be 'poked' with a pin and cleared, but block up again soon after (usually the middle jet).
Does the black plastic module just easy out the bonnet, or does it snap off the lugs if you try ? Also does feed pipe come off easy. If I can get it off and clean it out, it will save a garage trip.

Rather than remove it, why not try and disconnecting the water pipe and blasting some compressed air through the jet? Or just flush the crud out by leaving the washers on for a while!

the feed pipe is inside the bonnet skin, so just the housing sticks down out of the underside of the bonnet edge. cannot remove pipe until housing is removed from bonnet skin.

Ahh right, it's just one of those silly little plastic things that you just know the clip will break when you take it off and then you will be "Why the F didn't I just leave it alone?".

I've just done it with a sticker, it was 99% straight, but I wanted it 100% lol, as I took it off again my finger creased one part of it, after I put it back you could see the crease "Why TF didn't I leave it be?" :D It's sorted now as I made the offending letter a little shorter to remove the crease :D

Open bonnet.
Pull the jet with the fingers on the jets side.
Pull gently back and down, it should pop out.

I did this to mine many times to get the aiming right.
Im still thinking about getting the spray jets from VW.