Drivers door lock blanking/de-locking

rickyquicky

Reaction score
Has anyone done this or know how it can be done?

I'd like to take out the drivers door lock and blank it (presumably) with a blank from a LHD car so its 'de-locked', do you think parts for foreign Audi's can be ordered through the UK dealers?

don't see why not but i know that in the past they used to be a bit funny about it... failing that you can try ebay.de

Not sure if its the same as Ive never taken one apart, but I used to have an MG ZR and I did this to it. I just used a passenger side door handle that didnt have the key hole on anyway and you could reverse the mechanism on the handle to allow it to be used on the drivers door instead of the passenger door if you know what I mean? then I cable tied the lock mechanism out of the way to something inside the door so it would be out of the way.

yep, it can be done, hoever i would only say 100% on the facelift models as the covers are one piece instead of a lock blank and a handle on teh prefacelifts

Im going to give my local dealer (Audi dealer!) a call tomorrow and see if they can get the part from a LHD car, and whether its just a small blanking plate or the whole handle assembly thats needed.

It should look a little better/more modern...just worried if the central looking ever stops working lol!

The original idea came from me having my spare keys stolen a few months ago. Had the key recoded but would be nice to make the key blade redundant too, as well as a nice little touch in the looks department.

... so just out of interest, your key runs out of battery and you don't have an external lock. what do you do next?

as promised facelift door handles
IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

my point was what happens if the remote locking feature malfunctions for whatever reason. battery was just an example.

in the caase of a facelift handle delete you would still have access to the barrel via lifting the handle, it requires a lot of stripping to fit it though

i wont be deleting though im happy with the handle