DPF Removals - New Law

asalhan

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello everyone,After speaking to a colleague at work today, I found out that from February next year, it will be illegal to drive cars that have DPF deletes. I had mine removed almost 4 years ago when the ****** light was on every 3-4 days. Does this now mean that I will have to get a DPF refitted into my car?! I didn't have any idea about DPF filters when I bought my car. I wasn't even told anything about it by the garage who sold it to me. What are you guy's views on this and how many others have had DPF deletes?https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-rules-for-mot-to-test-for-diesel-particulate-filter - Website for the new law that will come in force next year.

There are so many threads about this already, may have been worth searching first as a lot of info is in the other threads. General consensus is testers will be visually checking for DPFs so you could buy one from a scrappy, perhaps faulty, empty it out and fit that.

I don't suppose anyone will know if your car has a DPF fitted or not..... until you come to have an MOT done. Then, if your car had one fitted originally, it will fail. The only way for it to pass will be to have a DPF fitted.

It is a visual check, so not a 100% fail depending in who you get.

get MOT done in jan! then you have a full year ;)

Reactions: nezz, RedDejavu and JaCkPoT