DPF filter and mapping query

ItsMeLewie

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hope I've put this in the right place.
I've owned an absolutly beautiful 2011 Audi a3 S-line black edition sport back since June, it is literally a dream to look at (think the prev owner done bodywork upgrades) let alone drive!

Although it is a dream, I am fully aware that I have bought a car that likes long journeys, when to be honest, I do them not so often. So as you can imagine.. I had the dpf warning light come on about 2 days ago! But only for 10 minutes then it went off!

I was fully aware of what it was and took it down a 40 mile stretch of the M4 and back just to be on the safe side. Above 2000rpm over 50mph.

Basically my Questions are, is it worth having the dpf removed and have the CPU mapped? Will it still pass the MOT? Do I need to upgrade anything in the engine if i do decide to go for it? Its 138bhp and has done 110,000 miles (doesnt feel like its done 10,000) cam belt and water pump done at around 70,000 miles also.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Hope I've put this in the right place.
I've owned an absolutly beautiful 2011 Audi a3 S-line black edition sport back since June, it is literally a dream to look at (think the prev owner done bodywork upgrades) let alone drive!

Although it is a dream, I am fully aware that I have bought a car that likes long journeys, when to be honest, I do them not so often. So as you can imagine.. I had the dpf warning light come on about 2 days ago! But only for 10 minutes then it went off!

I was fully aware of what it was and took it down a 40 mile stretch of the M4 and back just to be on the safe side. Above 2000rpm over 50mph.

Basically my Questions are, is it worth having the dpf removed and have the CPU mapped? Will it still pass the MOT? Do I need to upgrade anything in the engine if i do decide to go for it? Its 138bhp and has done 110,000 miles (doesnt feel like its done 10,000) cam belt and water pump done at around 70,000 miles also.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks!
Might want to get this moved over to the Audi 8P section...