Does my EGR need a clean

WOLF

Reaction score
While doing an oil change over the weekend i was warming the engine up i noticed a slight rumble noise,upon investigating it appears that the black part(circled in red) was where the noise was coming from.When its squeezed together the noise stops and tickover is fine so does my egr need a clean?
im on 154,000 miles.

excuse my terminology but no idea was the parts name are called:sorry:

That's bit random! The part you are on about there,if I'm right, is the antishutter valve and when you push this in whilst ya car is running it should try and die,when running get correctly it helps engine run-away and helps the engine shutdown on ignition of, the egr's are known to clog up. It don't take long get of, leave it in some petrol for a few hours,be like brand new, loooooaaaddss of threads on this

Yeah ur anti shudder valve,when turning engine off it stops car from shaking (engine wobble) u might have a leaking hose to it if its squeaks,or cld disconect it. Or get a new plunger or, or, get a allard egr delete kit. Gets rid of it all. But thats another story.

Reactions: ruffrida
Your both absolutely right,i was only plunging for a second but just done it again for longer and the engine spluttered,
I might just clean the egr due to the mileage on my avant!