1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Do you find people react negatively to your Audi?

Vanderlust Jan 13, 2020

1. Vanderlust

Vanderlust Member

On my second Audi at the moment, first was in early 2019, but only kept it a few months (old A3 Sportback, upgraded to a new A4 Avant).

I start to find that maybe the front end is a bit intimidating for people and they react negatively to it!

I love the front end of newer Audi's as it's edgy and aggressive, but maybe with the country being the way it is, a lot of people are a bit sensitive and find it offensive?

What's your experiences? Maybe you never even notice anything like that, but thought I'd ask.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Tbh I couldn't give a fxxx what anyone thinks as it's my car, let them react & I'll just drove off & enjoy the fruits of my labour.

4. Jonnie

Jonnie Well-Known Member

I don’t think anyone finds your car “intimidating” or “offensive”.

I rarely even get a turned head when driving my S5 let alone people acting differently towards me

5. Dubjam

Dubjam Active Member Team Daytona VCDS Map User S tronic saloon quattro Audi A3 Black Edition

I've heard the phrase 'typical Audi driver' used many times as a social slur for anything even not car related, if you got out of an Audi and did something that they took offence to., then it's a comment that is used.

6. Jonnie

Jonnie Well-Known Member

Same goes for “Typical BMW driver” “typical woman driver” “typical 4x4 driver” “typical sports car driver must be compensating”. It’s not really an Audi specific thing

7. Audi Bairn

Audi Bairn Moderator Staff Member Moderator Sophisto Grey Team Brilliant Black Gold Supporter X3 M40i Audi TT

Been driving Audi's for years an never had any reaction that I'd relate to the type of car. There are general idiots out there that will try to race you and sit up your chuff for example but not necessarily related to Audi. Best just to let them go about their sad lives, you've nothing to prove.

8. Dubjam

Dubjam Active Member Team Daytona VCDS Map User S tronic saloon quattro Audi A3 Black Edition

It is when they use the word 'Audi'. Other social slurs are still acceptable, but saying 'Audi' is 'Audi' specific lol, thats the point of names :)

9. Toonsoldier91

Toonsoldier91 Well-Known Member

I don’t think people react negatively. When I had my a3 saloon every garage it was in people always commented how nice it was. It was the first one in my area. And I’ve only ever seen 2 since.

Now I have the a4 avant I do get some weird looks when I get out the car etc but I think it’s more to do with my age. Bit too much of a grown ups car I guess but I had my reasons behind it like we all do.

Audi Bairn likes this.
  10. Flowrider99

Flowrider99 Active Member Audi S5

You've only ever seen 2 A3's? Where do you live, Antartica! :smiley:

Meemo and Tj 0785 like this.
  11. Toonsoldier91

Toonsoldier91 Well-Known Member

No. Seems loads. Just not the saloons

Audi Bairn and Flowrider99 like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Not sure how this is a bad thing, if people are in front of me I'd like them to get out the way :racer:

Tj 0785, Bryant1998 and Audi Bairn like this.
  14. Evil Derboy

Evil Derboy Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi RS5 Owners Group

Its all in your head. You think your car looks more edgy and aggressive than your old one so you automatically imprint that reasoning on to the reaction of others, when in fact those people most likely couldn’t give a toss about how your car looks.

Jonnie and DieselJake like this.
  15. Dubjam

16. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User S-line owners group S tronic quattro Audi A3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Think you have nailed it, it's just another A4 on the road..

Evil Derboy likes this.
  17. Bryant1998

Bryant1998 Well-Known Member

I think it’s all about the lighting, you can spot a fast moving audi or merc from miles off at night. I do mostly nighttime driving and my van with old style halogen bulbs doesn’t look intimating from the front at all, whereas my S3 with the led strip looks a lot mite aggressive, people don’t tend to sit in front of me for long in the S3...

18. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

This is why I want a Mad Max style car haha personally found people have similar presumptions when you drive a van though, usually let me out/in presumably because they think van drivers push in or because they sympathize with van drivers as they're just doing their job and can probably relate to the driver as they know someone else that drives a van.

Remember driving my mom's Ka once though and my god do you get taken advantage of, doing more than the national speed limit on country roads and being recklessly overtaken by things presumably just because it's a Ka and they don't want to be behind something that looks like a nipple.

Bryant1998 likes this.
  19. A1DEYB

A1DEYB Well-Known Member

It's in your head.. it's a car, it's as if you're swinging a baseball bat at someone fella.

20. BUSHW00D

BUSHW00D New Member

I have an Audi S3 and a RS4, work in construction in Australia. I honestly thought when I bought Audi’s I’d cop some **** from fellow workers as they aren’t really on the radar for people in my industry but got to say I get some great compliments and feedback almost to a man.

21. quattrogone

quattrogone Quattro Back!

Yeah because being in construction is like having a license to print money :laughing: the only time I've ever meet someone that's in that industry and skint is when they are **** at it :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Bryant1998 likes this.
  22. BUSHW00D

BUSHW00D New Member

When I said Audi’s aren’t really on the radar of people in my industry it had absolutely nothing to do with money, the people over here in construction don’t tend to be into European cars, in my 44 years I’ve not known one other person to have owned an Audi or Mercedes and one person who has a BMW. Things are changing in Oz currently with more overseas cars dominating the markets but for me growing up it was Australian cars and loads of Japanese cars.

Bryant1998 likes this.