DIS Oil Temp display is blank / showing null

lincoln_dj

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm 99.9% certain the temperature used to display when I went to check it via the DIS but whenever I look now it just shows "---". It was blank with my original red DIS and is still blank with the facelift S3 black/white cluster I've had fitted. It's a '57 S3.

I did wonder if it was because my service reminder had been reset to fixed interval - since oil temp is used to calculate variable service and maybe was now no longr monitored by the cluster. I've tried resetting to fixed schedule again but to no avail.

Is there anything else I can check/change with VCDS please? Hopeful it's just a setting!

Cheers

Attachments

• oil temp.jpg
    oil temp.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 750
checked with VCDS and oil temp is showing as minus 60°c, so I'm assuming the oil temperature sensor is faulty / wiring issue. I don't have any fault codes though?

Anyway, should my car defo have oil temperature? if so, any ideas where it's located? cheers

checked with VCDS and oil temp is showing as minus 60°c, so I'm assuming the oil temperature sensor is faulty / wiring issue. I don't have any fault codes though?

Anyway, should my car defo have oil temperature? if so, any ideas where it's located? cheers

On my car you can see oil temp on the DIS under 'check'

i meant where is the sensor located. obviously I know where it is on the DIS as I included a photo of it

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
ok. guess i gotta brave the wind and get the under tray off to have a look then! cheers

Reactions: Ryan Wilson
Hi mate ,

I’ve discovered same problem my car is reading -60 on Vag com , and just lines on oil time on the dash board , did you manage to fix this and we’re is the oil temp sensor ?

Cheers