DIS Alignment

tonyt102

Reaction score
Just sold my S-Line and bought a 2003 S4 saloon and it's great apart from one thing... The display in the centre of the instrument cluster seems to be a bit wonky. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've done a search and haven't come up with anything. From what I've read, it doesn't seem like too much of a bad job getting the cluster out - or am I wrong? Is there anything I need to be carefull of when removing, should I disconnect the battrey?

It's not too bad but these little things really annoy me.

Cheers,

Antony.

easy job there is a small trim above the top steering column cowl which pulls of then remove the 2 x torx bolts behind the cover youve just taken of and the cluster slides out. i would disconnect the battery first and take the steering wheel of first

Off topic here but in your sig it says you had S4 but sold...
Did you go from S4 to Sline then back to S4 :think:

Yeh, I'm kinda addicted to cars, particually Audi's. Since the black S4, I've had 2 S3's, an Elise, S2000, S-Line Avant, but now I've decided to settle down with my favorite....B6 S4. I searched for the right one with the spec I want and found this one and I'm really happy with it. In ten years, I've owned 38 cars and the S4 seems to be the best allrounder. I'm just lucky I don't do many miles otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford the fuel bill.

Cheers for the tip Jase, is it ok to remove the air bag once the battrey is disconnected?

J7USS - I'll update my sig soon.

yes mate no bother, as long as the battery is disconnected when you take the steering wheel of you wont get any problems with the airbag light if you want a hand with anything give mo a shout

no probs mate, ive got vag-com aswell if you need anything reseting etc

Well, got it sorted. Removed the instrument cluster no problem, disconnecting the battrey first, removed the back cover and aligned the DIS by packing opposite corners. Totally perfect now although it wasn't that bad in the first place, little things like that really annoy me.

While it was off, I cleaned behind the screen and polished all of the swirls and scratches out with Meguiars PlastX...really good stuff actually.