Dash cam hard wire installation company

David Marsh

Reaction score
Hi guys. Just bought 64 plate 1.6tdi and I want a front and rear dash cam installed. Can anyone recommend a good company in the North West? I'm a bit clumsy when it comes to electrics and don't want to do a botched job.

Any help/advise/info will be greatly received.

I used Blackvue's own installers...

Reactions: Audi Bairn, David Marsh and V6_Man
I believe @NHN is close-ish to you. I have tagged him here in your post and I am sure he'll get back to you here on whether or not he is close to you and if so, his availability.

Reactions: cuke2u
Sorry for high jacking your post @David Marsh

I’ve just been in touch with BlackVue’s installers as @cuke2u suggested.

They were extremely helpful during a couple of email exchanges and I think I’d be way more happy them doing it than Halfords tbh.

I need both my S3 and my wife’s TT done and they’ve said they can do them in our garage on separate days to allow me to use one of the cars for work.

I’m going for one of their bundles which includes Power Magic Pro and installation.

Just need to decide on the DR590 or DR750S (both 2 channel / front and rear facing) and would welcome any opinions as they’re £90 each difference.

Help! :thumbs up:

Sorry for high jacking your post @David Marsh

I’ve just been in touch with BlackVue’s installers as @cuke2u suggested.

They were extremely helpful during a couple of email exchanges and I think I’d be way more happy them doing it than Halfords tbh.

I need both my S3 and my wife’s TT done and they’ve said they can do them in our garage on separate days to allow me to use one of the cars for work.

I’m going for one of their bundles which includes Power Magic Pro and installation.

Just need to decide on the DR590 or DR750S (both 2 channel / front and rear facing) and would welcome any opinions as they’re £90 each difference.

Help! :thumbs up:

Thanks for your message. I'd prefer to use a company like blackvue too. I just feel like it would have been fitted professionally.

Iv been looking at the two you have mentioned and I'm swaying towards the DR750S due to the frames per second it records. I feel like if I'm buying one I'm buying the best one. Due to if I ever have to use the footage it will have paid for itself.
Hope you enjoy the purchase

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Thanks for your message. I'd prefer to use a company like blackvue too. I just feel like it would have been fitted professionally.

Iv been looking at the two you have mentioned and I'm swaying towards the DR750S due to the frames per second it records. I feel like if I'm buying one I'm buying the best one. Due to if I ever have to use the footage it will have paid for itself.
Hope you enjoy the purchase
My dilemmas are:
Does the 590 do everything I need and the answer is probably yes.
The 750 can be viewed on your mobile without removing the SD card, will this bother me?
How future proof are each of them and will the 750 be better in this respect?

Ahhhhhh, decisions decisions........

I find the WiFi access useful on the 750, you can connect it up to three WiFi networks, and the ability of the 750 to use the cloud software, although the free one has ads, also very useful. Updates and viewing of videos can then be performed using either instead of having to remove the camera or the SD card.

Reactions: Audi Bairn