1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus!!

MikeParkin Mar 18, 2020

1. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

There will allway's be winners and looser at a time of crisis, luckily you have gained something positive from it but lost on the other hand with your eye issues.
    An age old phrase comes to mind , He giveth and taketh away..

Glad your being positive chap.:icon thumright:

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. pburv

pburv Registered User

Funny you should say that about business on the up...One side of my place of work for over 30 years has been supplying consumables for scientific laboratories the other side was heavy engineering for nuclear decommissioning...The heavy engineering has all but gone and over the last couple of years the scientific supplies has boomed. With the Sars outbreak a couple of years ago our order book has gone through the roof. 1 million components out the door for one particular customer in the last 12 months....With this new and no doubt terrible virus we are probably going to get much busier ?
    Wish it was busier under different circumstances though.:concern:

4. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator

@jdp1962 - Now that ^ did genuinely make me laugh out loud Jeff ! Lol
    @pburv - Lol
    & lol (I think ha d ha ha ha) :D

45bvtc, WOLF, I'm Just Rob. and 2 others like this.
  5. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

And this is most certainly not the case in 2020.

[​IMG]
    I'm allway's Calm , it's everyone else that's in a panic.

pburv and MikeParkin like this.
  6. I'm Just Rob.

Just sit down , pour yourself a nice drink and watch this , and forget all about the world around you for 5 mins.

works for me, and the lovely lass help's...:yes:

wab172uk, pburv and MikeParkin like this.
  7. I'm Just Rob.

In full screen mode.:icon thumright:

8. MikeParkin

MikeParkin Registered User

I wouldn’t say no even if she had Coronavirus!! :hubbahubba: Sorry had to be said hahaha.

wab172uk, pburv and I'm Just Rob. like this.
  9. I'm Just Rob.

Every time I play that vid , i'm in love , well I think its love but maybe something else:whistle2::yes:

10. Georgeinabz

Georgeinabz Registered User

Quite ironic as the public chased the cheapest , Tesco & all were only too happy to put the local baker , butcher out of business now we can't even get a loaf or a pint of milk.

pburv likes this.
  11. I'm Just Rob.

Damage has been done now, only one possible outcome .:sadlike:

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. terminator x

terminator x Registered User

Italy is relatively full of old people who are the most at risk + they great each other with hugs and kisses. There will be less UK deaths than Italy imho. How many Italian deaths vs their population too? Most people won't even catch it + if you do 80-90% of people have mild symptoms.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

123Quattro and CHEZ like this.
  14. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

Italy has 65million people and the total deaths has now overtaken China which has 1 billion +.

I get what your saying, but then what about Uk and it’s packed tube today or the fact that BBC has reported pubs busier than normal? Not exactly taking care in the UK.
    Also, it is being spread by younger people that are giving it to the old. This lock down is to protect the old and the unwell. You almost sound like the death toll is fine cos it’s old people.

15. terminator x

London and big cities may get it bad (packed in + tubes, busses etc) but not out in the sticks. If people do the simple stuff like washing hands, no hand shaking, stay home if unwell etc if will just fade away. Plus Summer is coming, flu ain't great in the sunshine.

TX.

PS I went to the pub after bootcamp today and it was a ghost town so people are generally keeping their distance.

PPS the old folk are staying at home, you can't catch anything if just two people are bumbling round the house for 3 months.

16. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

Italy, Spain and France all issued a lockdown. Immediately, people in the cities went home! South of Italy had no cases, 30,000 people left in an afternoon to go to the south, then you can guess what happened!
    So by your advice, stay at home if unwell? What about your previous post if 80% either won’t get symptoms or it’s mild and think it’s a cold??they are fine to roam the streets and give it to the old,unwell population?

17. CHEZ

CHEZ moderately amusing Supporter

Or grown blokes kissing other grown blokes to say hello!
    What's that all about?
    Do that here in my town you will get thumped.
    Just sayin

18. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

Its called culture mate! :icon thumright:

CHEZ likes this.
  19. CHEZ

Oh right. Sorry!
    My bad

Ormesome likes this.
  20. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

Only works in Italy though! Don’t go down the pub and try out new cultured ways to greet people! :blink:

pburv and CHEZ like this.
  21. CHEZ

Hahaha imagine that lol

pburv and Ormesome like this.
  22. davethaboss

davethaboss Registered User

Thanks.

On a positive note, all stocks are on sale at the moment.

Buy them while you can.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

23. Damo S

Damo S Registered User

quite yummy. trufax

24. S32B

S32B Registered User

100% agree with this mate, I'm just glad I'll not be around in another 50 years to see what we have done! The canals in Venice are already cleaner after such a short time of not being used!

And how's this for bad timing??? Wife comes into the lounge last night around 19.00 "The electric in the kitchen is off", I said what was the last thing you touched? "The microwave and the oven before that", I looked and the flip had gone off, I flipped it back and both microwave and oven came back on! (Dinner was in the oven cooking at the time), 20 minutes later..."errr something's wrong with the oven, it's cold!", the heater element at the back had blown :blink: and dinner was half done :wtf:

Contacted a couple of local repair guys who quoted around £60, but nothing could be done until late next week! Looked on youtube to see how to change it, looked easy enough! Went online and found the part for £12, but it would be wed-thurs before it got here. So this morning I phoned a spares place 20 mile away and they had one in for £20 :) I collected and fitted it, happy to say all is now working :)

NevMan, Damo S, pburv and 2 others like this.
  25. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

MikeParkin and S32B like this.
  26. I'm Just Rob.

It will only get worse, there are no if's ,but's or maybe with this virus, and if it mutates again into an even more aggressive strain we'll be total stuffed.
    I could have told boris what he's finding out now weeks ago.
    I have a good friend that works at the Institute for Animal Health where they know all about virus's that originate in animals then jump across to humans, they have been advising the Gov since January how this will go but they just ignored it and then what happens , it all goes exactly the way they were advised.

MikeParkin and Ormesome like this.
  27. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Registered User

good job :thumbs up:
    It’s a lost art fixing your own stuff in this consumer world where if it doesn’t work bin it. There’s a great satisfaction in fixing something.
    We all gonna have to learn soon. Shops are gonna shut in a few days.

NevMan and S32B like this.
  28. Sparks43

Sparks43 3rd Gear

Good work - They aren't always that difficult to replace

MikeParkin likes this.
  29. S32B

S32B Registered User

It was pretty straight forward, the hardest part was getting the connection on and off, very short amount of wire to work with and I have big hands and sausage fingers lol.

Sparks43 and AlS3BE like this.
  30. terminator x

This is why I don't watch the news, absolutely no context given just numbers bandied around. He gives the impression that you either "live or die" on a 50 / 50 split which is total nonsense.

TX.

31. Zakalwe

Zakalwe Registered User

Some of these comments won’t age well.

taks1 and Ormesome like this.
  32. Alistair D

Alistair D Hug your kids at home, but belt them in the car.

For all of the people that have stockpiled groceries and the like, I hope your freezers' fuses blow and your goods be ruined.
    No toothbrushes on the shelves.....what's that all aboot? did we not brush our teeth before or are some afraid this virus will mutate and we'll grow another set of teeth?

S32B and I'm Just Rob. like this.
  33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. I'm Just Rob.

You beat me to it chap, I was going to say the very same days ago .
    In my local less than supermarket, they have no Tom sauce , zippo so what's that all about.
    Are people putting it on their breakfast cereal's or toast , no logic in that at all.:wtf:

I really hate panic buyers/ stock pilers , all I can say is this , you know who you are and you should be ashamed .

S32B and Alistair D like this.
  35. terminator x

People waiting outside at 0530 for 0700 opening at our local Tesco so I was told today when getting a coffee!

TX.

Bryant1998 likes this.
  36. Bryant1998

Bryant1998 Registered User

To be fair, 50/50 is the only real split, you can play the odds, but your outcome is only 1 of 2

MikeParkin and Ormesome like this.
  37. Alistair D

Alistair D Hug your kids at home, but belt them in the car.

Hope they were doing their "social distancing".
    My thoughts go out to the check-out staff having to be that close to customers....store i was in are trying to persuade customers to pay via contactless:icon thumright:

38. A4A4

A4A4 Owner of a Shiny Daytona

If we got to self isolate, least those who like detailing they cars, can spend some quality time on them. I will.

Some nice days coming up!

45bvtc and NevMan like this.
  39. NevMan

NevMan Well known member

Hear hear, now that is EXACTLY what I will be doing, starting with a clean of the winter wheels that have just come off

45bvtc and pburv like this.
  40. 45bvtc

45bvtc The Older I Get The Better I Was Supporter Gold Supporter

Applying the FOURTH bridge logic here: clean and polish each car and spanners and then, clean and polish each car and spanners and then, clean and polish each car and spanners and then...

Fortunately tis time to plant tomato and cucumber seeds so a slight distraction...

Bristle Hound and MikeParkin like this.
  41. CarbonMike

CarbonMike Registered User

I work in the professional motorsport industry....

No Formula 1, no WEC, no Indy or Nascar = no work for me.

Our short getaway to a wedding in Portugal now cancelled and my yearly excursion to Le Man (24hr) now moved to Sept with potential of cancellation.

Not that im complaining, im a good saver so alright for a bit but car needs servicing so need to let an unknown potentially cough & splutter on my steering wheel :/

42. S32B

S32B Registered User

All I can say is it must have hit India hard! I haven't had a single phone call all week telling me that I have a computer virus or that I've been injured in an accident that I haven't had!!! :p

Think you'll like this then :D

That's just sad and pathetic.

Grumio in Plebs having a 50% chance of winning the lotto, "Either I'll win it or I won't" :D

I was at the checkout this morning and a bloke was having a go at the checkout woman because she told him to step back from the customer in front of him whilst he was waiting to be served. He turned to me and tried to get me involved with his argument, I pointed at the sign at the end of the checkout and said "Well it does tell you there mate, she's only doing what she's been told to do"....at that point he looked a bit embareesd and shut up. The woman at the till thanked me as she served me :)

AlS3BE and pburv like this.
  43. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Started with nothing & still have most of it left.

Self isolation, quarantined, no pubs etc. All I could think of was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I spy with my little eye something beginning with W ????

pburv likes this.