Coolant Temp Sensor and Headlighr Repair Kits???

MisterP

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

so the cold weather seems to be having an effect on my cars brains. I have a 54 plate 2.0 TDI DSG sline. The Coolant sensor chimed this yesterday morning and this morning and a few weeks back also when I started the car on a cold start. I turned the car off an restarted and the warning had gone away. I checked coolant level plenty of coolant in the car. any ideas. a bit of reading on here seems to suggest that it could be the coolant temp sensor.

any ideas how much these are and the cost of replacing one.

Secondly, my headlight bracket for the driver side headlight seems to be cracked. Instead of buying a new housing I have come across item 360339642132 - a headlight tab repair kit. According to the ad you simply brak the old tab and there is a hole molded into the headlight housing to accept the repair tab. this looks good as it saves me £ in having to buy a new housing. anyone ever used these and are they any good.

Many thanks for the help guys.

Get a screwdriver & remove coolant cap, scratch the internal coolant prongs with this, it should help to remove this warning, I have done to a few cars & it never came back.

Yes there is a kit to repair the bracket/fixings, make sure its for your year of headlight, as of course there are 2 types now for the 8P, but also done this number of times & it fits very well indeed.

cold weather is a funny thing!!! my coolant temp warning has come on also!! first start in the morning and temp gauge has not moved off the pin so must be a faulty coolant temp sensor. i will try the screwdriver trick on the prongs but what is the next step if this fails??

If trick fails, then replace bottle as sensors built in.

I did some searching last night and it seems there are sensors available separately?

cold weather is a funny thing!!! my coolant temp warning has come on also!! first start in the morning and temp gauge has not moved off the pin so must be a faulty coolant temp sensor. i will try the screwdriver trick on the prongs but what is the next step if this fails??

The prongs in the washer bottle are the sensor for the coolant level NOT coolant temperature. Have you got a coolant temperature warning or a low coolant level warning ?

The dis said coolant with a thermometer symbol. I was slightly low on coolant aswell so topped that up