Coolant for 2.0TDi

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hi All,

I need to get some coolant for my car. According to the brochure the recommended type is G13, which I can’t find anywhere! Halfords I my stick G30, G40 and G48.

Thanks in advance.

Just grab g13 from dealer, mines open, yours closed?

I only buy slx oil & coolant 13 from audi, still supplied to me as g13, so I'll check, but not heard that as yet.

I saw that. Different colour though and I keep reading about not mixing different colours of coolant.
G12/12+/12++/G13 can be mixed.

G13 coolant is G13 coolant, whether it be £30 from Audi or £3 from eurocarparts, can all be mixed

Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and Gazwould
Topped mine up with some Mannol G12+

Cost me £12.54 off prime for 5l. Sure when it was serviced it had G13 in it but was okay to mix it when it dropped a bit low.

IMG 20201122 103115

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Deffo use the gen stuff if you can. for Work i am involved in Diesel generator maintenance and I have seen the results of mixing coolants, The Mannol stuff is fine I'm sure but nothing better than peace of mind. Having said that if you don't know what's been put in before.....

Deffo use the gen stuff if you can. for Work i am involved in Diesel generator maintenance and I have seen the results of mixing coolants, The Mannol stuff is fine I'm sure but nothing better than peace of mind. Having said that if you don't know what's been put in before.....
@craigpanthercrystal I ordered the stuff above which is the G13 as recommend by the handbook. The genuine Audi stuff wasn’t premixed and a lot more expensive.

Audi don’t make the coolant, they buy it in, rebrand it and sell to you at an increased margin.

G13 is G13 no matter manufacturer.

you guys are basically saying you can’t mix castrol oil with shell oil even if they are both 10W40 grade.

maketh no sense

Agreed
Pink is Pink, just make sure its pink as it needs to be G13
If its not pink then you need to drain your system, flush it with water and replace with G13

Audi don’t make the coolant, they buy it in, rebrand it and sell to you at an increased margin.

G13 is G13 no matter manufacturer.

you guys are basically saying you can’t mix castrol oil with shell oil even if they are both 10W40 grade.

maketh no sense
I thought that. I was just interested in what @craigpanthercrystal said about cheaper coolants.

My main concern is mixing coolant. But if g13 is g13 then fair enough. I just go oem stuff especially if no more expensive within a few quid anyway.

Whatever is cheapest it's all made to a industry standard set of ingredients just like engine oil .