Clutch slipping under load??

Toblahoe

Reaction score
So I've noticed recently that under hard acceleration it feels like my clutch is sometimes slipping.

I'll be cruising at 2k rpm and I put my foot down to overtake or something and the engine will almost instantly rev to 3k - 3.5k and stay there whilst the car is only very slowly accelerating. If I let my foot off to let the rpm drop down and I put my foot down again it's usually fine.

This mainly only happens in 3 and 4th gear, but doesn't happen when changing gears which leads me to believe it's not the clutch?

Any ideas what this could be?
Thanks

Think you have diagnosed that exactly. Needs a new DMF and clutch. How many miles has it done ?

Done 86k miles, still on the original clutch, I guess I'm looking at an expensive replacement?

Edit: thanks Tony, I didn't expect a clutch and flywheel for this car to be that cheap, I guess fitting it is the major bill.

It isn't remapped and I rarely put it under full throttle, that one should do.

Reactions: tony mc
welcome to the world of audi ownership lol, its most expensive car to look after and mod i have ever owned.

but i do love it still.

Reactions: DieselJake
It's not Audi it's just the way the world rolls now , evermore completed and fragile .

86K is good innings , just costly , refinement costs .

Reactions: tony mc
How much life left in the clutch do you reckon? It doesn't always happen and is still pretty hard to stall.

Hard to tell how much mileage you will get out of that before it fails completely. Bets thing to do is avoid accelererating hard if you can and making it slip. This will very much reduce the life left in the clutch. If you baby it then it will last a lot longer.