Closing/opening windows on the remote...

Macster

Reaction score
Hi all,

Quick question; when I hold down the lock button on the remote, my windows automatically close, (if open of course), but when I do the same when opening the car, the windows won't open, is this a glitch, or normal?

TIA

Not sure but when I hold down my unlock button my windows and sunroof open (2010 Avant)

Hi Tia,

My 2008 B8 opens and closes with a press and hold of either the lock or unlock button.
would be nice if when left windows open they auto closed when u lock the car without having to hold it but hay hoo still a cool feature

Hi Tia,

My 2008 B8 opens and closes with a press and hold of either the lock or unlock button.
would be nice if when left windows open they auto closed when u lock the car without having to hold it but hay hoo still a cool feature

Yes it would PB, can't be a difficult default setting!

EU HSE regulations won't allow manufacturers to do this as you can walk away and something or someone could get trapped in the closing window. Regulations state that the button must be continually depressed to close the windows etc.

I remeber after market alars in the 80's & 90's with this function and auto engine start too.

Thanks Geoff,

That makes [common] sense I guess, next question; can it be done?

On my B8 you can turn on and off the convenience window setting by going into the MMI Car setting, scroll down to Windows then select the Convenience setting. You can then set the front and rear windows to open and close via the key fob.

Hi MikeJ,

I have a 2013 (UK) BE 2.0TDi but don't recall seeing that option on the MMI, I'll have a look, but sure I don't have it as I have gone through all through the menus previously.

Thanks Mike,

I found it in the central locking section :)

Reactions: Tfsi gone