Climate control panel buttons

Gstar51

Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas??
The buttons on my panel are looking a bit weathered and old,
(colours faded, rubbed off etc) needs a refresh, do I need to buy a new panel or not. Thinking about using black marker pen????

the marker pen will still look ****
either get a broke cc unit and use buttons
or get a sh unit with good buttons

It's a bit of a disgrace that s 'luxury' brand such as Audi have interiors that peel in such a way. Perhaps they are looking after the 'from new' owner who will enjoy a 1% nicer feel to the interior plastics but at the expense of the used-car buyer who has to put up with peeling plastic coating all over the place.

My cab is 9 years old with just under 40k miles on the clock and all my buttons are perfect. This is my 4th Audi and never really had or sen this on any of my cars. I don't use any cleaning chemicals mind and I don't use finger nails to operate switches.

I saw it on all the A4's I was looking at before buying. To be fair 40k is low for a 9 year old car, so maybe it's down to useage. My A4 has a little *cough* more than 40k! One A4 I saw had pretty terrible peeling everywhere, but mine has less though still peeling abit on window switches and on the dash near the stereo.

My second a4 (b5) had 84k on it when I sold it and was fine, like someone said above a lot of the damage is nails and just bad cleaning etc I believe.

Cheers guys, will check breakers etc, will also try the thread above with my old buttons when I've sourced a new unit. Ave to ban the wife from pressing my buttons
Lol

I used some modelling paint on mine, not quite thick enough so the light can show through a little in the wrong areas but it's a quicker and easier fix than taking it all out and vinyl. And, it's lots better than the marker pen route that I tried and realised was crap too!

I was of the opinion that on the earlier models they had issues with the plastic coatings that was rectified on slightly newer ones or that could be someone that bullshi@@ed me...