Clear liquid leaking from under my car

Walter14

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've noticed a small clear puddle that forms under my car after it has sat in the garage for 1/2+ days. I don't believe its from the A/C as it has a somewhat oily feel to it and dries almost crusty white.

If this helps; I've been experiencing somewhat rough idling, noticed a slight decrease in oil level (or so the infotainment reader told me which never seems to be consistent), a touch of coolant loss, and just recently (<2 weeks ago) noticed a super faint whistling/shrieking noise when the car is idling/after a light tap of the throttle when parked. From the research I've done, these symptoms point straight to a bad PCV valve, so I've barley been driving the vehicle (allowing me to notice this clear fluid "leak").

Anyways, has anyone experienced anything similar to what I have described? Could this be related to a bad PCV valve?

Check the oil cap for mustard, if it's creamy then it's mixing & usually head gasket, don't panic just yet, it's a process to find so it may not be this.

Could be coolant leak tbh if it's slightly different to water, feels little thicker in the fingers.

Reactions: spartacus 68
Check the oil cap for mustard, if it's creamy then it's mixing & usually head gasket, don't panic just yet, it's a process to find so it may not be this.

Could be coolant leak tbh if it's slightly different to water, feels little thicker in the fingers.
Thanks for the feedback,
I have yet to notice any mustard-like residue when removing the oil cap but I will keep an eye out.