Changing s3 tailpipes

Milnesafc

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has changed the tailpipes on their s3? Not keen on the standard ones and would like something different fitted. Had a quick search on the net and can only find them as part of a full exhaust system...... help

Lot of people want to do this....me included....its either catback or chop the ends off and weld new tips on....lot of people in the US (on Facebook S3 group) have done the latter

4Pc-Akrapovic-font-b-Exhaust-b-font-font-b-Tips-b-font-Muffler-Pipe-for-font.jpg

I've ordered a set of these. Should add a touch of class even if it's not an Akrapovic zaust ha.

Reactions: KrisKrk
Here's another tail pipe thread which may help

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/these-******-exhaust-tips.317877/

Reactions: Milnesafc
4Pc-Akrapovic-font-b-Exhaust-b-font-font-b-Tips-b-font-Muffler-Pipe-for-font.jpg

I've ordered a set of these. Should add a touch of class even if it's not an Akrapovic zaust ha.
Wow - they look stunning! Hm they set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Wow - they look stunning! Hm they set you back if you don't mind me asking?
You can expect to pay about £100-150 depending where you get them. Reviews say they are very solid. I'm Akrapovic daft though, got one on my bike so even though they're not genuine or an actual Akra on the car I think it will make it look a fair bit meaner at the back.

Reactions: batch
You can expect to pay about £100-150 depending where you get them. Reviews say they are very solid. I'm Akrapovic daft though, got one on my bike so even though they're not genuine or an actual Akra on the car I think it will make it look a fair bit meaner at the back.
Love the weave on the tailpipes, would love to get the defuser wing mirrors, spoiler and roof done along with them pipes.

Where did you get them from please ?

Do they need to be welded on? I know they've got clips but not sure how the S3 tailpipes are.

I just typed in S3 Akrapovic exhaust tips into Google. There's plenty on ebay and AliExpress. They are all different sizes so be careful. I can't remember off hand the actual S3 8V exhaust sizes though..

I just typed in S3 Akrapovic exhaust tips into Google. There's plenty on ebay and AliExpress. They are all different sizes so be careful. I can't remember off hand the actual S3 8V exhaust sizes though..
So you ordered a set without knowing the size ?

I think I'm getting too old for the internet. :)

When I searched all I could find were ones at £58 each, so that's £232. :(

I've got a pair on eBay at £40 each if anyone is interested, then find another two even if you pay nearer the normal rate. Round, in-rolled carbon, will need to cut and shut the OE system to change to anything else.

I've got a pair on eBay at £40 each if anyone is interested, then find another two even if you pay nearer the normal rate. Round, in-rolled carbon, will need to cut and shut the OE system to change to anything else.
The Akra ones? You got any pics of them fitted?

Those ones from Aliexpress might het you to pay import taxes and duties. Have you paid anything like that or was it UK seller.

I'm after a set of two similar looking Akrapovic style tips to my A6 and would like to know others experience in getting them delivered.
Don't want to pay all that government money malarkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'm getting too old for the internet. :)

When I searched all I could find were ones at £58 each, so that's £232. :(

Same here. eBay they are about £120 a pair and Aliexpress you can get them for 50$ each with delivery.

Thread Update?

Does anyone know of, or recommend some black high quality direct OEM fit and sized tail pipes tips?

I'm contemplating fitting some to make the back of the car look more discrete. Something like this but OEM fitment and size. Any recommendations?

137.original.jpg

no-one I know of does....some cut off OEM and weld on something aftermarket.....but the high end market is geared to people replacing whole or part exhaust systems

Reactions: Lhasa2008
You do know they won’t fit the stock exhaust don’t you. The end of the exhaust is oval not round.

I'm was hoping a there would now be something available, or am I the only person not wanting bling tips!?

Obviously the cheapest option is to not clean them! Looks like I may need to just get some original tips ceramic coated. :neutral:

Thread Update?

Does anyone know of, or recommend some black high quality direct OEM fit and sized tail pipes tips?

I'm contemplating fitting some to make the back of the car look more discrete. Something like this but OEM fitment and size. Any recommendations?

137.original.jpg

Just today was looking at same ones as these for my A6.

I want mines to stick out bit more than oem ones and maybe be straight tips, not angle ones. Look meaner, I think.
Fitting the Miltek tips is like the Akra ones but it’s a bit like sticking RS badge on. Artificial, if you haven’t got the rest of it. Imho