changing dsg selector advice

Wish u luck pal am just waiting for you to do it and I'll do mine :D:D

Wish u luck pal am just waiting for you to do it and I'll do mine :D:D
okay all done now, bit annoying having to do it using the light on my phone.
Word of warning - make a tool to pop out the button on the knob, because i managed to push mine in so many times, seems difficult to pop it out at first but you soon get the hang of it.

okay all done now, bit annoying having to do it using the light on my phone.
Word of warning - make a tool to pop out the button on the knob, because i managed to push mine in so many times, seems difficult to pop it out at first but you soon get the hang of it.

Ah yes. Guess I should have warned about pushing the button in..

Paper clip works works well to reset button.

C3E61D5C-4FFC-457C-90D1-CCB8C6A6D03E_zpszuhsvphx.jpg

71038672-C6C7-449D-A67D-0406B226174E_zpskwdmvey3.jpg

E2AAAC57-98CD-4FDF-8D66-FBB2D270A239_zpsinxscibe.jpg

60A8B96F-03F2-41DF-A508-425C95576852_zpstg6ofzvd.jpg

oh i didn't need a new clip either, the new one had the twist lock thing on it, the metal one is difficult to remove isn't it.

What did you use for the centre rod and where did u get that thread tool from

tool was borrowed from work although you can buy them from most diy stores, I've seen them in b&q. its called a tap.

I used the top part of the rod from the dsg selector unit that game with the knob, because i drilled and tapped mine and it wasn't straight so i had to cut the one off the other unit.

I have an annoying thing where if the button is pushed fully in it doesn't always pop back out, its kind of sticky.
this was present before changing the knob somewhat, if i take the knob off and pull the plastic release bit up (the bit that we turn around for this mod) I can feel the same effect if i pull it right to the top of its travel there is a little resistance.

does anyone know how to remedy this, I've tried greasing the visible parts up to no avail. Its not that bad really only happens if i apply more force than needed to the button.

Reactions: Yolo_8p3