Change FEC code to get infinite map updates

Can't comment about doing it yourself but message me if you want the details of a man in Bulgaria who can give you lifetime map updates for a very reasonable fee. He did mine and it is perfect and he provided Google Earth overlay also.

I’m in the same boat as you, made contact with Bulgaria. Just a question where or which maps did you download?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I’m in the same boat as you, made contact with Bulgaria. Just a question where or which maps did you download?

Now that Nik has "fixed" my MMI for all future map updates I now go onto the VW site (because Golfs come with free maps and use the same maps as Audi!!):
1. Select Golf Until 2015, Discover Pro (MIB 1),
2. Select Europe (or whatever region you want)
3. Download to 32GB SD card
4. Copy Mib1, Mib2 folders and metainfo2.txt file to root of 32GB SD card formatted in ExFAT
There are new maps issued usually in November and May.

You need to add 20003ee fec code by patching your current firmware using more incredible bash From here. User and password is guest. This is all free for MIB2. There is no need to pay anyone. They simply use this free software to do it.

Now that Nik has "fixed" my MMI for all future map updates I now go onto the VW site (because Golfs come with free maps and use the same maps as Audi!!):
4. Copy Mib1, Mib2 folders and metainfo2.txt file to root of 32GB SD card formatted in ExFAT
Can you supply this guys betails please mate to see if he can sort mine for new maps

I trying to update my “old” a3 2015 maps, I downloaded 2023 maps but it’s 32 gb . I just doesn’t fit on my 32 sdcard, which I bought for it.
Is it possible to leave the mib2 part out?
I think I have a mib1 unit…so mib2 data is useless?

Since the latest maps have become so large I found you couldn’t just download onto the card. I download to my computer first. Then copy the files from the computer to the empty card and that works for me (using a Mac).

Hi mate, send email to nik but no reply. Did he remotely patch your system to allow newer maps?

Hi mate, send email to nik but no reply. Did he remotely patch your system to allow newer maps?
The instructions that he sends are very comprehensive. He sends a file attached to an email, your put it on an SD card, insert in the car and the system then copies info to the card. You email Nik with the contents of the card and he sends another file which patches the system. From then on you just download the VW maps yourself and you have free maps for life!

Reactions: S3Ambo
You need to add 20003ee fec code by patching your current firmware using more incredible bash From here. User and password is guest. This is all free for MIB2. There is no need to pay anyone. They simply use this free software to do it.

Hey Boo-boo. Just wanted to confirm this method still works . Thinking of going for it on my Facelift S3 with MIB2

You need to add 20003ee fec code by patching your current firmware using more incredible bash From here. User and password is guest. This is all free for MIB2. There is no need to pay anyone. They simply use this free software to do

i have installed this green menu, where exactly can i add 20003ee code?

I've forgotten where to download the maps from. Could someone please share where I should download an updated map from ?

Thanks, Roy.

Here you go.

Reactions: roydonaldson
Kinda jumping in here, not fully looked into it. But found this guy on youtube for vw map updates. He saying could work on all AG group cars.
software is from Vw

I have downloaded the software, it has found updated maps for current on my sd card.
Bit scared to allow it to update my card.
Any thoughts on this ?

I couldn’t get to downloading the software, get to the map update page and I get prompted to log in. Created a VW account but still get no further , shame really as this seems a clean simple way to update .

I couldn’t get to downloading the software, get to the map update page and I get prompted to log in. Created a VW account but still get no further , shame really as this seems a clean simple way to update .
I had created account, just a email and password. Then allows you to download the software or just the maps themselves.
I did have ago yesterday with vw software but keep getting checksum error on downloading.
Was going to try just maps but not sure what's ones I need. As they have 4 options for Golf Discovery pro (gen1), Discovery Media(Gen1)
Discovery Pro (Gen2), Discovery Media (Gen2)
Capture
Capture1

I saw a comment on YouTube that this update method only works if you have a VAG SD card .

I’ll have another look at the website to see if I can get to download the software.

So I managed to download the software, using my official VAG SD card the software detected everything fine . Downloaded and installed map update but when I put it back in the S3 I got an invalid map data error. Currently restoring the backup to my SD card. This method does not work in my opinion !

Reactions: dantdi
Glad to report that the backup restored correctly. !

Reactions: dantdi
FYI …. This only relates to the YouTube method. I’m not saying the REC method doesn’t work.

I was being thick, for some reason I thought the correct patch was pre loaded in the M.I.B download and I didn't realise you had to download the patch separate... I dropped the correct patch in the folder and applied it. All working now :grinning:
Did you drop the whole downloaded patch file into the patch folder or had to extract the specific to you car? I am not sure where I am going wrong as still not showing ee after run mib

You have to unzip. Then either find your matching patched firmware and drop that in or you can drop the lot in and it'll select your correct patched firmware.

So i go to software > MHI2> download my software version and then proceed to install it ? Kind affraid to ruin the software and pay more to have it all back

Hi.
I have Audi A3 8V 2017 eith MIB2 and I can’t make update to the maps. I think need it the lifetime maps. Someone can help me?
Same for Audi A6 C8 2019 with MIB2 premium
Thank you!

Hi.
I have Audi A3 8V 2017 eith MIB2 and I can’t make update to the maps. I think need it the lifetime maps. Someone can help me?
Same for Audi A6 C8 2019 with MIB2 premium
Thank you!

Buzguree

Which version of MMI does your A3 have? Does your satnav run from an SD card, or from internal memory?