Champions League Final!

Who is going to Win the Champions League?

• Manchester United

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Barcelona

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Don't Care who wins

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm a L'pool fan and I hope Barca spank Manure 11-0, with each barca player getting on the score sheet.
14-0 if all the subs get on!

Come on United! Pride of the North! Best team in England!

Hopefully another one in the eye for Liverpool but its not going to be an easy game.

Lets be honest Manure doesn't apply at all does it? Won the Premier League 3 years on the trot and are in the Champions League Final!

Barcelona are a good team but then so are we. Lets hope its not a boring match thats decided on penalties though...

Man United didn't Win the Premiere League, you guys threw it away! lol

defintely. Too many draws at home that should have been wins.

Away record was good, only 2 losses, best GD, did the double over Manu and Chelsea but still didn't win it.

The best team (more consistent and regular) won though

Man United didn't Win the Premiere League, you guys threw it away! lol

Never a truer word spoken.

Lets be honest Manure doesn't apply at all does it? Won the Premier League 3 years on the trot and are in the Champions League Final!

I think it does apply. And when I say it I don't mean their ability as a football team, I refer more to their (especially Alexandra Ferguson's) attitude.
For me they are a bunch of unlikeable players. Happy when things are going their way.... total winging and spiteful tossers when it ain't.
Although to be fair, I do like Park, Vidic (especially after Torres made him look like a pleb), Evra seems ok too, but that's probably about it.
Ronaldo, Neville, and Rooney are the worst... and come on, even you must admit you could only like them if they are on your team.

Respect where respect is due though.... Manure are currently the best (consistent) team in the country.
BUT liverpool are coming for them stronger than ever, and I think we showed that in the final few months this season.
At the top of our game Manure are not better than liverpool. Where the scum are better is beating the "smaller" teams in the prem when not playing at their best. But one or two more additions to the team and things are going to change!

Im not really a fan of Man Utd but I hope they win as they are an English team, I think this will be a cracking match with Europe's best strikeforce vs one of the best defence's...

You make a strong point what with Gerrard and Carragher being champions of sportsmanship and fairplay... :p

Ok, Carra can get a bit "passionate" at times, but I think if there was a poll asking who is the most unlikeable player out of Ronaldo, Rooney, Neville, Carra, and Gerrard..... those Manure players would win it by more than just the 4 points this time!
:)

Never a truer word spoken.

I think it does apply. And when I say it I don't mean their ability as a football team, I refer more to their (especially Alexandra Ferguson's) attitude.
For me they are a bunch of unlikeable players. Happy when things are going their way.... total winging and spiteful tossers when it ain't.
Although to be fair, I do like Park, Vidic (especially after Torres made him look like a pleb), Evra seems ok too, but that's probably about it.
Ronaldo, Neville, and Rooney are the worst... and come on, even you must admit you could only like them if they are on your team.

Respect where respect is due though.... Manure are currently the best (consistent) team in the country.
BUT liverpool are coming for them stronger than ever, and I think we showed that in the final few months this season.
At the top of our game Manure are not better than liverpool. Where the scum are better is beating the "smaller" teams in the prem when not playing at their best. But one or two more additions to the team and things are going to change!

So not Manure when talking about football ability? Which is the part matters in football funnily enough...

I wouldn't like some of them if they weren't on my team though but they do the job, play some ****** good football and get us to where we are now which is what its all about. They aren't in it to make friends or win Noble Peace Prizes!

Ronaldo is a diving ******* BUT I can forgive all that as he's one of, if not the best player in the Premier League.

The rest of them are passionate about their game, which is a bad thing because?

I dont blame you for wanting Barca to win cos I know I'd be the same if it were Liverpool! Must of been sick as a parrot to see us win again and equal their record! Next year we'll be out to beat it :rockwoot:

Anyway now we have got that out our systems lets get back on topic...

Be nice to make a bit of history by retaining it but we'll see.

So not Manure when talking about football ability? Which is the part matters in football funnily enough...

Don't agree with you their mate. Yeah ability matters, but when the team is full of arrogant twats it kinda detracts from the entertainment of it. Which funnily enough is also what football is about.

I wouldn't like some of them if they weren't on my team

And that's my point. I can honestly say that there is not one player in my team that I wouldn't like or who I think is a cheating ****. Man U fans just can't say the same.
I guess it comes down to how much you love football. For me it's not just about the playing, although that is the most important part of it. I also like to like the players in interviews and how they carry themselves on the pitch etc etc, how the club is run, the manager's character, the list goes on.

If being passionate about their game causes them to see red mist and do a scholes or rooney and launch at another player possibily causing injury then that is why it is a bad thing.

Anyway now we have got that out our systems lets get back on topic...

NOW we can get back on topic.
;)

Who do you think is going to win this one?

I'm hoping Man United do it for English football. :footy:

I'm hoping Barcelona win it for English football as well,they might realise that buying foregin players is no good and keeping the home grown talent.

Game over for Man United then... is it just me, or was the game just boring? Barca had some nice movement and passing, but the game itself was pretty dull to watch!

Game over for Man United then... is it just me, or was the game just boring? Barca had some nice movement and passing, but the game itself was pretty dull to watch!

not for me though, the passing itself was enough to watch

Iniesta is such a class player

that Messi goal was great too

I'm unsure which is funnier...them being beat or toon army going down ;)

not for me though, the passing itself was enough to watch

Iniesta is such a class player

that Messi goal was great too

I was hoping Iniesta to be injured, I knew he would make a difference if he was to play, I'm not a Man United supporter neither, but wanted them to win. The Game just wasn't a classic in my opinion.

the first 10 mins was exciting and i thought it was going to be a great game, was expecting more goals.

fantastic passing tho

If being passionate about their game causes them to see red mist and do a scholes or rooney and launch at another player possibily causing injury then that is why it is a bad thing.

I see Scholes didn't fail to disappoint. Sooo predictable!! :no:

And that's my point. I can honestly say that there is not one player in my team that I wouldn't like or who I think is a cheating ****. Man U fans just can't say the same.

There isn't a player that pulls on a Man U shirt I don't like.
See...that's not too hard.

Football is full of 'cheats' nowadays...and Man U aren't top of the list.

Your sour grapes are obvious for all to see.

I guess it comes down to how much you love football. For me it's not just about the playing, although that is the most important part of it. I also like to like the players in interviews and how they carry themselves on the pitch etc etc, how the club is run, the manager's character, the list goes on.

Ahh...the Managers character.
Witness Benitez outbust RE Utd.
There's a man with character, right there.

He wants to play head games with a master....fails, and it costs him the League.
Bravo.
We'll have as much of that as you can supply Mr Benitez, thank you.

NOW we can get back on topic.
;)

I don't think the topic applies anymore...
The better team on the night rightfully won the trophy.
United were mediocre at best...Barca were simply better. End of.

It's so easy for fans of teams who didn't make the final to pull the Utd side apart.
Here's a thought...why don't your lot show the world how it's done?
Oh that's right...because you didn't make it that far.

Shame...

There's always next year...or the year after.

Glen I'm going to bookmark this thread so next year when Coventry City win it you'll feel silly

making it that far and not winning it isn't good enough. It's just the same as going out in the group stage.

:undwech:

I don't share your view.
Making it to the final and being beaten by that Barca team carries no shame. Dissapointing for sure...especially looking at the under par performance...but no shame.
Going out in the Group Stages would not have been acceptable to Utd.

I don't share your view.
Making it to the final and being beaten by that Barca team carries no shame. Dissapointing for sure...especially looking at the under par performance...but no shame.
Going out in the Group Stages would not have been acceptable to Utd.

lol, was just pulling some legs

Barcelona was actually better only after scoring that goal. Before that, ManU were all over them

There isn't a player that pulls on a Man U shirt I don't like.
See...that's not too hard.

Football is full of 'cheats' nowadays...and Man U aren't top of the list.

Your sour grapes are obvious for all to see.

Ahh...the Managers character.
Witness Benitez outbust RE Utd.
There's a man with character, right there.

He wants to play head games with a master....fails, and it costs him the League.
Bravo.
We'll have as much of that as you can supply Mr Benitez, thank you.

I don't think the topic applies anymore...
The better team on the night rightfully won the trophy.
United were mediocre at best...Barca were simply better. End of.

It's really not sore grapes. I hated Manure when liverpool were winning trophies for fun in the 80's as well.

As for the Benitez rant, it was a bit silly, granted. But what you say about it costing us the league... welllll, you wanna rethink that one??? There's a bit more to footy than that my friend.

And your so called Master of mind games made himself look a bit of **** too, if my memory serves me correctly. Getting all emotional about Benitez's hand gesture... AND getting it all wrong.

Alex's character stinks in my opinion. Media speak out against him and he bans interviews. Behaviour of a brat.

Yes, he is a great manager, but a likeable character.... not a bit, other than to mancs and manc supporters.

It's so easy for fans of teams who didn't make the final to pull the Utd side apart.

Shame...

There's always next year...or the year after.

Your last comment is a bit ropey..... Liverpool have shown the world how it's done by coming back from 3 goals down and winning the Champs League. Man U couldn't manage to come back from 2 down!!
And winning it 5 times is also a lot closer to "showing the world how it's done" than Man U's 3.
:moa:

It's really not sore grapes. I hated Manure when liverpool were winning trophies for fun in the 80's as well.

As for the Benitez rant, it was a bit silly, granted. But what you say about it costing us the league... welllll, you wanna rethink that one??? There's a bit more to footy than that my friend.

There sure is...
Like scoring more points than your opponents and winning the league.
Siimples.

Liverpool were ahead and on full steam...but the pressure got to them and they imploded.

And your so called Master of mind games made himself look a bit of **** too, if my memory serves me correctly. Getting all emotional about Benitez's hand gesture... AND getting it all wrong.

So wrong that it landed him a cabinet full of silverware. I'll take that sort of wrong anyday.

Alex's character stinks in my opinion. Media speak out against him and he bans interviews. Behaviour of a brat.

Many of the great managers weren't saints.
Clough, Paisley etc...
Nobody cares inside the club. You deliver whay uoi are paid to do, by whatever means possible...that's their job. Not public relations.

Yes, he is a great manager, but a likeable character.... not a bit, other than to mancs and manc supporters.

I'm inclined to agree...but it really doesn't matter.
Likable Managers don't assure you silverware.

Your last comment is a bit ropey..... Liverpool have shown the world how it's done by coming back from 3 goals down and winning the Champs League. Man U couldn't manage to come back from 2 down!!

Different years...different opponents. Incomparable.

And winning it 5 times is also a lot closer to "showing the world how it's done" than Man U's 3.
:moa:

Winning lots of cups in the era of tiny shorts and big hairdo's isn't worth much except mamories in todays game. It's a different sport now, as you know.
An impressive achivement for sure...but hell, Aberdeen won a European Cup back in 19OatCake and still sing about it...beating Real Madrid...but I doubt even the heartiest 'Sheep' supporter would try to tell you thay are good enough to do it now...

Liverpool were ahead and on full steam...but the pressure got to them and they imploded.

Exactly, well kind of. It wasn't benitez's rant that caused it to happen. It was the pressure of being in front at that stage of the season. They'll learn from that though.

So wrong that it landed him a cabinet full of silverware. I'll take that sort of wrong anyday.

Not sure that it was ferguson making a tit of himself that made manure end up with trohpies.

Many of the great managers weren't saints.
Clough, Paisley etc...
Nobody cares inside the club. You deliver whay uoi are paid to do, by whatever means possible...that's their job. Not public relations.

I'm inclined to agree...but it really doesn't matter.
Likable Managers don't assure you silverware.

You're right, those managers weren't saints BUT they all had something likeable about them, which IMO made them even greater.
Even Mourinho, **** that he can be, has a certain likability factor about him. Fergie just doesn't, and if he did he'd be an even greater, more memorable manager. Maybe becoming the next manager to have a film about it. But that just ain't gonna happen. Shame really.

Different years...different opponents. Incomparable.

Where do you draw the line as to how far back you can refer to then?
If what you say is true then you are really as good as your last game. Not that good in Man U's case then!
You said Liverpool should show the world how it's done.... We did... on 5 seperate occassions..... one of those occassions being the greatest final of all.

Just to wrap this up....... I do hate Manure.... but I do respect their football because they are obviously a good team, with very good players. I just don't like everything else about the club, and how a lot of their players and fans feel they have the right to win things, and when it doesn't go their way they start with all the bad tackling, ref bullying, manager sulking, etc etc etc. Yeah other teams do some of it, but other than chelsea, Manure stand out in front as the main perpetrators!

Liverpool not winning the title this year is not because of Rafa's rant.

It was mainly due to bad team performance against 'lower' teams where draws were not enough and also IMO, the problem with the owners regarding contracts etc....

We put on a very poor show. That wasn't the Man United I know and love... strange but Ronaldo was about the only MU player making any decent amount of effort I felt!

Fair play Barca deserved that through and through, they out played and out classed us on the night. It was a stunning goal from Messi too. Exactly the sort of goal Ronaldo would of liked to score.

Least we can take some comfort in being FIFA Club World, Carling Cup & Premier League Champions and Liverpool not winning any trophies!

Glen I'm going to bookmark this thread so next year when Coventry City win it you'll feel silly

Priceless! :)

I thought Man Utd had a bit of a stinker, played hard all season, all that travelling and extra games just to go out with a whimper in the final.

Should of played Tevez from the start....

Least we can take some comfort in being FIFA Club World, Carling Cup & Premier League Champions and Liverpool not winning any trophies!

Carling/League Cup, L'pool are bored of it now....
Most wins - Liverpool 7
Most finals - Liverpool 10
Highest Goal scorer - Ian Rush 49

Club World cup.... i'm sooooooooo jealous :)
Man U won a tournament consisting of teams from Ecuador, New Zealand, Australia, Egypt and Japan. :applaus:

As for the prem, enjoy it while you can my friend, enjoy it while you can! :footy:

Status
Not open for further replies.