Carbon fibre interior

Han4mi

Reaction score
Here's a few pictures of a carbon fibre interior trim I did today. All of the parts are stuck on with some 3m tape, so easily removable:

20190327 200155 2016x1512

20190327 200121 2016x1512

20190327 200050 2016x1512

20190327 200201 2016x1512

Reactions: DanielF, Leevr and AlS3BE
Not to my personal taste but looks like you've done a very good job, nice one

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I really like the door trim and dash trim.
MMI screen and controls not so much.
Can you get them in a non glossy finish so more a matte carbon type finish?
Think the gloss is a little too shiny for my ocd and greasy paw prints from my kid will drive me mental:wink:
Good effort though.

Just noticed something else. How have you got a usb socket next to the ciggy lighter? That’s seems a better place than under the armrest where mine is.

I really like the door trim and dash trim.
MMI screen and controls not so much.
Can you get them in a non glossy finish so more a matte carbon type finish?
Think the gloss is a little too shiny for my ocd and greasy paw prints from my kid will drive me mental:wink:
Good effort though.

The dash and door trim looks great and has more of a matte finish like you noticed. The mmi screen and the area around the controls is from a different supplier and although fits well, it doesn't look as nice and feels kinda cheap. I'll probably remove it and keep the doors and dashboard only.

Reactions: AlS3BE and CraigM
Just noticed something else. How have you got a usb socket next to the ciggy lighter? That’s seems a better place than under the armrest where mine is.

Not sure, maybe it's in one of the options I clicked when configuring my car online. I got another one under the armrest as well.

i looked on ETKA before but could only see a part number for LHD (8V1035726). I think RHD gets the 2 in the armrest instead of 2 separate ones on the FL model.

i looked on ETKA before but could only see a part number for LHD (8V1035726). I think RHD gets the 2 in the armrest instead of 2 separate ones on the FL model.

I wonder if it’s easy to fit a lhd bit to the rhd.
Not fussed if the ciggy lighter is on the other side.
Might be something to look into. I hate the usb cable trailing from armrest to dash where I got the oem mount that sits in between the vents.

Edit: just read your post again. I have a fl model with only 2 usb in armrest. None up front.

Might be something to look into. I hate the usb cable trailing from armrest to dash where I got the oem mount that sits in between the vents.

Edit: just read your post again. I have a fl model with only 2 usb in armrest. None up front.

What do you use the USB for? I never use the one next to the cigarette lighter. I got music on an SD card, don't really use android auto often and have the phone connected via Bluetooth.

What do you use the USB for? I never use the one next to the cigarette lighter. I got music on an SD card, don't really use android auto often and have the phone connected via Bluetooth.

I use it to charge and listen to music. I find Bluetooth music streaming isn’t as high quality than cable.
Occasionally use CarPlay cause as the online traffic seems to be better than the MMI one or google maps are better at finding alternative routes with less traffic.

assuming you mean over the top of your cigarette lighter, i think the existing hole might be slightly to big for usb port to cover. T_Quattro did the upgrade shown below, he might know if it would hide existing hole ok.

6rOXc2z

Reactions: AlS3BE
I use it to charge and listen to music. I find Bluetooth music streaming isn’t as high quality than cable.
Occasionally use CarPlay cause as the online traffic seems to be better than the MMI one or google maps are better at finding alternative routes with less traffic.

Fully agree on music, it's much better when you play it through the cable or SD card. I clicked the wireless charging option so I don't need the cables.

assuming you mean over the top of your cigarette lighter, i think the existing hole might be slightly to big for usb port to cover. T_Quattro did the upgrade shown below, he might know if it would hide existing hole ok.

View attachment 178823

Does the other end of the cable go straight to the MMI or does it get routed through a thousand things before it reaches the MMI?
Could the lhd part not fit the rhd? There’s only a ciggy lighter and usb.

Does the other end of the cable go straight to the MMI or does it get routed through a thousand things before it reaches the MMI?
Could the lhd part not fit the rhd? There’s only a ciggy lighter and usb.

The cable for the front USB is connected to the USB hub from the center console.
The problem with mounting the front USB is the limited space behind the 12v socket panel. For example, the first hole I drilled(the one in the picture posted by Khufu), was not ok, because the back connector was not clearing the air duct behind the panel. Luckily,because the front USB fascia was larger than the hole needed for the connector, I was able to "move" the hole 1cm to the left but it was still a tight fit. Ideally it would've needed to be a bit more to the left and a bit lower than my final position of the connector:
w6SJNAj.jpg

For RHD, I don't know if it is possible to move the 12v socket from the left to the right side, but looking at the picture above it looks like the USB's fascia might clear the existing hole for the 12v socket. I can give later/tomorrow the dimensions for the front fascia of the USB connector if needed.

The cable for the front USB is connected to the USB hub from the center console.
The problem with mounting the front USB is the limited space behind the 12v socket panel. For example, the first hole I drilled(the one in the picture posted by Khufu), was not ok, because the back connector was not clearing the air duct behind the panel. Luckily,because the front USB fascia was larger than the hole needed for the connector, I was able to "move" the hole 1cm to the left but it was still a tight fit. Ideally it would've needed to be a bit more to the left and a bit lower than my final position of the connector:
w6SJNAj.jpg

For RHD, I don't know if it is possible to move the 12v socket from the left to the right side, but looking at the picture above it looks like the USB's fascia might clear the existing hole for the 12v socket. I can give later/tomorrow the dimensions for the front fascia of the USB connector if needed.
Please i need your help can you please tell how did you dissemble the 12v Socket panel? I want to install front usb but not sure how to take off the 12v socket panel