1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car running only on 2 cylinders

PetrolheadS3 May 4, 2018

1. PetrolheadS3

PetrolheadS3 New Member

Hi guys,
    I have the following problem..
    The car runs only on 2 cylinders.. The 1st and 2nd are not firing but the 3rd and 4th are. I have scanned the car and got the following codes:
    P0300
    P0301
    P0302
    P0036
    I have changed the spark plugs, and the coil packs AND bought the car a new 034motorsport coil harness which I tought would resolve the problem.
    But it did not.. I don’t know what to do any more so I am asking you once again for advice/ similar problems...
    Oh and also, a little bit before the car went 2 cylinder mode, it started to sound a little weird, as like something is hitting on something... I would describe it as a clicking noise...
    Thank you in advance, every opinion is welcome,
    Best regards,
    Matic

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. andrew_wright

andrew_wright Member

Check compression on cylinder's pointed out and also injector's. Follow what vagcom says is the problem, you have ruled out some.

(/)-/

4. Alex C

Alex C Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi S3

Standard power or remapped?

5. PetrolheadS3

PetrolheadS3 New Member

Standard, it has a sport filter and decat

6. Stuart B

Stuart B Well-Known Member

Are you getting fuel and
    Spark? Is the engine really able to run on just 2 cylinders?

7. PetrolheadS3

PetrolheadS3 New Member

Don’t know yet will check tomorrow.. yes and as you can imagine it’s really rough

8. MrAudi2017

MrAudi2017 Member

Honestly... it's possible the timing chain between the cams skipped a tooth and twatted a couple of valve...

Just a matter of course though I would do a compression check, find out if there's compression in those 2 cylinders then go from there....

Interestingly the codes you've got are random missfire codes and the lambda heater...