cjm

Reaction score
Morning Gents,

I've had the eml come on and a read revealed the following code

1 Fault Found:
16727 - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40)
P0343 - 35-00 - Signal too High
Readiness: 0110 1101

First happened a couple of months ago, cleared it and it came back on 5 days later, read it again and it did have some other codes on the same area but for the life of me i can't find the log, but i remember thinking ooooh perhaps they indicate that its a tooth out or something else along those lines.
Anyway they didn't come back for a month or so and now its come back twice but only the error i've posted above nothing else.
So...

1 I suppose the easiest thing is to change the sensor first and see what happens?

2 One thing i wanted to check is i've been having an issue where intermittently there's been a strong fuel smell and its blown a bit extra greyish exhaust fumes and i could never find a pattern. I think now i have, it seems to only happen when the eml light is on and i get this error. Could they be related? I'm thinking that because of the cam error there might not be the proper combustion of fuel?

3 To save me some googling and also i'd rather it from a source i trust does anybody know the part number for the camshaft position sensor?

4 And to be a bit cheeky, just while i'm here the part number for a rear ABS wheel speed sensor?

Its a 2001 A3 quattro sort 1.8T - ARY engine code

Cheers guys and gals

1 I suppose the easiest thing is to change the sensor first and see what happens?

Yes, unless you want to save a few pence before buying it by clearing the code and seeing if it pops up again in a short amount of time

As for the part number for the Camshaft Sensor, I believe its 058 905 161 B however I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can chime in on this

The ARY is the later 06A type engine and the part number is for an earlier 058 engine but I'm pretty sure the part is the same.

Cheers
S.Pellegrino

Morning Gents,

1 Fault Found:

First happened a couple of months ago, cleared it and it came back on 5 days later, read it again and it did have some other codes on the same area but for the life of me i can't find the log, but i remember thinking ooooh perhaps they indicate that its a tooth out or something else along those lines.
Anyway they didn't come back for a month or so and now its come back twice but only the error i've posted above nothing else.
So...

2 One thing i wanted to check is i've been having an issue where intermittently there's been a strong fuel smell and its blown a bit extra greyish exhaust fumes and i could never find a pattern. I think now i have, it seems to only happen when the eml light is on and i get this error. Could they be related? I'm thinking that because of the cam error there might not be the proper combustion of fuel?

3 To save me some googling and also i'd rather it from a source i trust does anybody know the part number for the camshaft position sensor?

4 And to be a bit cheeky, just while i'm here the part number for a rear ABS wheel speed sensor?

Cheers guys and gals
What year engine code etc is your car?

Morning Gents,

1 Fault Found:

So...

Cheers guys and gals
What year engine code etc is your car?

Morning Gents,

1 Fault Found:

So...

Cheers guys and gals
Pick the year and you will find most part numbers listed here https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a3+s3+sportb+lim+qu/a3/ hope this helps