Bump stop trim 40mm H&Rs ? Can anyone advise

Chop.

Reaction score
I'm about to start fitting my H&R 40mm springs does anyone have past experience with trimming the bump stops and how much ?

Iv not started yet so don't have any other info

Thanks

Take a look at desertstorms build thread, I'm sure he wrote up something on this Chop.

JG

Reactions: Chop.
The Eibach Pro kit says to leave the bump stops alone, but then that's only a 30mm drop. I left them on mine and they seem OK.
Did trim the rear spring top mounting to lower the rear a bit to lose some of the tail high rake you get with the Eibach kits. I think the H&R kits come out a bit flatter.

@desertstorm @JG51 AUD cheers gadgies, Iv finished the rear and just left them I can easy jack it up and trim them if I need too, was thinking with it being the s4 it's only giving me an extra 10-20mm anyway so might be ok

I'll see if I can find some info from H&R tonight between ciders

Reactions: xpoweruk and RS5 JON
Reactions: xpoweruk and Chop.
@desertstorm @JG51 AUD cheers gadgies, Iv finished the rear and just left them I can easy jack it up and trim them if I need too, was thinking with it being the s4 it's only giving me an extra 10-20mm anyway so might be ok

I'll see if I can find some info from H&R tonight between ciders

View attachment 83616

Cheers, between ciders! :beercheers:

Reactions: xpoweruk and Chop.
Ciders open and @desertstorm findings read and agreed with !

Cheers bud for the info

Hahaha jounce bumpers :)

Reactions: RS5 JON
Hope you don't have to much of a cider hangover this morning, as we need to see front springs fitted. :sign pics:

JG

Hahah eh......

I'm not sure if my back could handle it today, plus I'm nite shift tonight might get one side done between looking after the boys ( Mrs nite shift last nite hence the ciders :) ) soon as I'm done though will deff update :)

Reactions: xpoweruk and RS5 JON
Hahah eh......

I'm not sure if my back could handle it today, plus I'm nite shift tonight might get one side done between looking after the boys ( Mrs nite shift last nite hence the ciders :) ) soon as I'm done though will deff update :)

Maybe a good idea to give your back a rest today, spend the day with the boys, especially if your n/shift tonight mate.

I've heard the front control arm pinch bolts can be a nightmare to get free, maybe spray some WD40 or the likes on them today to help free them when you get round to taking them off.
JG

Maybe a good idea to give your back a rest today, spend the day with the boys, especially if your n/shift tonight mate.

I've heard the front control arm pinch bolts can be a nightmare to get free, maybe spray some WD40 or the likes on them today to help free them when you get round to taking them off.
JG

I have a slipped disc and I'm waiting for a surgical review in May so the Mrs was going mental yesterday as I was crawling about in the drive full of pain killers :-0

Reason why there's no photos as I wasn't in mood

Back came out just with Spring compressors though and nothing else needed

Had a quick look at the front yesterday doesn't look to bad, I saw the bolt your on about like u say prob will be a pain steel bolts through What looks like alloy won't be fun

Jeez oh Chop, pain killers & cider, you must have been buzzing last night. :whistle2: no wonder your Mrs wasn't happy. :whip:

Eibach have brought out a replacement for this pinch bolt, saw it in Audi Tuner mag, I've ordered two for when I get my Bilstiens on next month, Eibach say they they won't corrode like Audi ones.
JG

Jeez oh Chop, pain killers & cider, you must have been buzzing last night. :whistle2: no wonder your Mrs wasn't happy. :whip:

Eibach have brought out a replacement for this pinch bolt, saw it in Audi Tuner mag, I've ordered two for when I get my Bilstiens on next month, Eibach say they they won't corrode like Audi ones.
JG

Dihydracodine and cider sorted me right out :)

What issue was that I might get 2 and just change them

Dihydracodine and cider sorted me right out :)

What issue was that I might get 2 and just change them

Pinch bolts seem to corrode in place, I've heard of people having to heat them or even cut them out, the garage that changed my springs on my A4 couldn't get them free and ended up taking the strut out from the rear of the control arms rather than the front pinch bolt.

I've ordered two from BG Motor Sports, they're out of stock right now, but should be in next week.
Part No. I was given is: 5.21040k. £9.34 + vat + postage.
e-mail - jane.midson@bgmotorsport.co.uk
JG

Cheers JG Iv got some ratchet spanners on the way so might take out the rear control arm bolts instead if the pinch bolt gives me grief