Will1893

Reaction score
So recently got a new car. Audi A3 2005 3.2l V6 Quattro manual 3dr. I believe it's the 8P1 chassis but could be wrong.

So everytime I start the car (without the headlights on) it says I have a rear bulb out, usually the right but sometimes the left or both, when actually they are both working.

Now when I turn the headlights on it also says the parking light is out, which is working, then it says the right rear indicator bulb is out and it does actually stop working and the side and front indicator start flashing a lot faster. The indicator works when the headlights are turned off.

I could ignore the bulb out messages but it's the faulty indicator that I need to fix.

Should mention as well that I noticed the headlights have different bulb fixings so I guess a headlight has been replaced in the past. One has spring retaining wire and the other one you can kind of just pull out and push back in.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
Do you know if the bulbs have been upgraded to LEDs? This can cause the bulb out error even if they are working.

Change the rear indicator bulb that's faulty, may affect others?

I'll try it tonight, dunno why I haven't already to be honest lol. But seems weird that it's affecting the left rear light as well. Anyway I'll update later

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

So had a go at changing the rear indicator bulb and no luck, still the same issues. Really start to annoy me now

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk