Q7 Brakes

Gavin0478

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Has anyone got access to the Audi parts system that can tell me the correct size for my rear discs please as i'm trying to sort out some new discs and pads all round but depending on where I type in my details it switches between the 330mm rears or the 358mm rears. (this is on a 4.2tdi not the 3.0).
I have tried measuring but with the caliper wheel and guards in the way i cant get an accurate reading.
Cheers.

If you have a look in your service manual or boot sticker where all the option codes are, you can decode them to find out disc sizes

I never thought to check options to the codes on there but according to that I have the 358mm rears!!!! Must be a 4.2tdi upgrade?

Only Q7's i have ever seen with painted calipers have been specifically done.
I have access to a lift but was hoping to be able to get the correct parts without wheel off and on again. Might be the only option though.

Vin

Shows the 358mm option there.

Indeed it does, ILF is the front brake option 350*34 so the front and rears should be pretty much the same size.
Don't know what kind of wheels you have and how open they are but you could try measuring from the edge of the disc to the inside of the wheel rim. Front and rear should be pretty much the same about 2mm less on the rear.The Q7 is a big vechicle and the 4.2TDI a big lump so it wouldn't suprise me if it had the bigger brakes.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but, for anyone struggling in future.
The 330mm disk has a very thin groove between the friction surface and hub. If you have the 358mm on your vehicle then you will have a finger/thumb sized groove between the friction face and hub of the disc, hope it helps