Brake rotor

Kevin mathews

Reaction score
About to do both front and back brakes and rotors on my 07 A3 2.0FSI and was wondering what size rotors to get.

VIN - WAUHS38P17A171762

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha will definitely keep in mind when i get a new set of wheels

Easiest way is to take a front and back wheel off and measure them. Or you could spend about a week of this forum and never be sure after reading a hundred posts on this subject

Reactions: stbuk
Or get your pr code, put your reg into ecp and find the right discs

go in the boot, where the spare wheel is, you should see a sticker that looks like

Audi+Volkswagen+Interior+Trim+Code

can also be in the service history booklet (although not if its been replaced in the past).
bottom row, youll see two 3 digit codes starting with 1, in the above example they are 1kd and 1la. one is front, one is rear. those are the brake option pr codes.

for the sizes for a3 pr codes:

front
1zf/1zm/1zc= 280mm
1ze/1zp=288mm
1zd/1lj=312mm
1lk/1zk=345mm

rear
1kq/1kd=253mm
1kz/1ku/1kj=282mm
1ke/1kf=256mm
1kw=310mm

Reactions: Konstantinos, nluk100 and samuelh_888
go in the boot, where the spare wheel is, you should see a sticker that looks like

Audi+Volkswagen+Interior+Trim+Code

can also be in the service history booklet (although not if its been replaced in the past).
bottom row, youll see two 3 digit codes starting with 1, in the above example they are 1kd and 1la. one is front, one is rear. those are the brake option pr codes.

for the sizes for a3 pr codes:

front
1zf/1zm/1zc= 280mm
1ze/1zp=288mm
1zd/1lj=312mm
1lk/1zk=345mm

rear
1kq/1kd=253mm
1kz/1ku/1kj=282mm
1ke/1kf=256mm
1kw=310mm
Here we go again:blahblah1:
All very good info but if the brakes have been upgraded/ modded in the past, then these measurements go out the window.

Here we go again:blahblah1:
All very good info but if the brakes have been upgraded/ modded in the past, then these measurements go out the window.

its an a3 2.0 fsi, not an s3 or rs3.
how likely is it in the real world, not forum land, that someone has fitted a bigger brake setup

Will be changing to a bigger setup as i am upgrading to a turbo kit