Brake problem A3 1.8t after 312mm upgrade

Jonesy321

Reaction score
Hi guy's recently completed a 312mm upgrade, however had spongy pedal even after pressure bleeding the system, inc master cylinder, so I searched this forum and found and then c/o the vag.com ABS bleed, Still had spongy brake pedal. Searched the forum more and came to the conclusion it was my master cylinder. I have just finished changing the master cylinder( inc pressure bleeding and vag.com ABS bleed), still have a spongy pedal, on the last bleed however i noticed there is hardly to NO fluid coming out of the rear left caliper bleed nipple, after a long search there is no leaks in the system anywhere, could it be the caliper itself causing all of my problems? Any help or suggestions with this will be very much appreciated.

note: did not upgrade rear calipers however whilst doing the upgrade all rear pads and disk changed, and caliper pistons were wound right back.

Hiya i had the same problem on a previous car. my partner probably bled the car like 20x's and thought many things and searched. He then was told to leave a heavy item on the break pedal for a good few hours or maybe other night and it would bleed all round. So we did. Wollaa it worked and the pedal was no longer spongy. Give it ago.. will ask my partner if it could be anything else when he comes home. His a mechanic and probably could give you some tips x

yeah thats a similar trick to which i had to do with my bike. are you using a power bleeder like easibleed or similar?

Yes using easibleed system, i will give that a go, could you please give a bit more info on the heavy item process, did he have the bleed nipple open? any suggestions he has would be really appreciated, i really dont want to do yet another walk of shame for some break fluid lol.

Maybe bleed the clutch as it's on the same system. I would bleed everything, Bleed furthest away from master cylinder first and then closest last . The last one should be the two on the master cylinder.

Sorry, I new I would forget something, long day lol. I bleed the clutch, i'm fixed on that caliper now though, cant see why, with the piston all the way back, there is near enough no fluid coming out the bleed nipple, is this the caliper? As I explained earlier there is no leaks, and the pipes look fine.