Bora cassette player

Gunny110

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondered if a bora cassette player would fit my car, it has the b5.5 interior facelift. Thanks

I don't like the look of an aftermarket stereo in my car. Not particularly worried about the cassette player, just want the natural look in my car not chrome shiny flashy stereos lol

The car itself isn't a facelift, but have done the conversion on the centre console for a partial facelift.That would be even better Scott, and will it plug and play/fit? And how much please?

I nogmeg, that is what I was going to do. I have a cassette player but I shorted it out and now it doesn't work :( only cost me a fiver from the scrappu

The car itself isn't a facelift, but have done the conversion on the centre console for a partial facelift.That would be even better Scott, and will it plug and play/fit? And how much please?

Not sure on price at the moment but It wont work with a PFL B5 as it requires canbus to operate properly.
It might work without but I need to double check.
I also need to test the unit before I sell it.

See that is what I want to keep lol, I want it to look standard but still do the iPod stuff, so I'm going to get a smart box off amazon. And thanks Scott, I see it mentioned alot in posts, I have no idea if I have canbus or not lol,

So just tried a vw gamma in the derv, and that didnt fire up either, can anyone think as to why? Iv taken my concert apart and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary on the inside, and still no joy. But when I plug the aftermarket stereo In, it fires straight up :/????

Do you have a multi meter? Check the live feeds. Not impossible the aftermarket unit has been set to run just off the permanent live rather than the ignition live

Gamma is old, it probably uses different power connections to later cars, they changed them about a few times.

Thanks lads, and thanks again Scott, see you this afternoon