Boost pipe clamps?

smurfworth

Reaction score
Hi all, had problems with the boost pipes on the a3 ever since I've owned it, mainly the charge pipe area.
Recently replaced the aum charge pipe with the agu version and it's still blowing hoses off. It's got normal jubilee clips on there and I was just wondering what clamps everyone uses?

Cheers

As Dave said... JCS Hi-Grip clips in stainless steel...

T-bolt type clamps have no feel and either end up too loose and leak or too tight and crush the pipes... the JCS Hi-Grips give the right feel to let you know they are tight and avoid the click of death... if you ever have a clip thats clicks, bin them...

<tuffty/>

Ideal, thanks chaps, so would i be right in saying id need a whole load of these for the a3 boost pipes, preferably 8 to do all of the bigger diameter pipes correct?

these seem like a good deal?: JCS Hi-Grip Zinc Plated Hose Clip 50-70mm 4 pack | eBay

I often feel like burning this car :banghead:, also anyone know if they do a silicone replacement pipe for the rubbish rubber one on an AGU charge pipe?

Just noticed that, what an idiot. Its really frustrating and making me want to sell it, its not even remapped ***!

Cheers for your help, any tips when fitting these? is it possible to break the thread on these etc