Bluetooth adapter

finnie

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Ive been researching all morning but not got a conclusive answer

I have a concert radio with quadlock and bose speakers. Nothing in the glovebox at all

I have bluetooth for calls and a working aux input. I would like to add bluetooth streaming via one of these adapters from ebay opr amazon.

The connector has a blue plug (I think for the aux input) and a green input (for the MFSW)

There is no beige connector.

Which unit should I get, the one with blue plug and just not use the current one, or do I have to butcher and combine the blue connectors to one???

Attachments

• PXL_20220124_103646368.jpg
    PXL_20220124_103646368.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 125
When we did it on my mates car, we just replaced the aux plug with the Bluetooth one.

The blue connector has the Aux cables. 3 cables.
You remove the blue connector and add the new connector of the eBay Bluetooth.

you can also combine. I removed the 3 cables from the original connector and added them to the free slots of the new eBay connector for Aux.

Reactions: Abi
Hi Everyone

Ive been researching all morning but not got a conclusive answer

I have a concert radio with quadlock and bose speakers. Nothing in the glovebox at all

I have bluetooth for calls and a working aux input. I would like to add bluetooth streaming via one of these adapters from ebay opr amazon.

The connector has a blue plug (I think for the aux input) and a green input (for the MFSW)

There is no beige connector.

Which unit should I get, the one with blue plug and just not use the current one, or do I have to butcher and combine the blue connectors to one???

Which one are you thinking of purchasing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually took a chance and bought this one yesterday after finding a post somewhere. If I lose my aux in then fine, otherwise I may try some pin swapping to have both

I actually took a chance and bought this one yesterday after finding a post somewhere. If I lose my aux in then fine, otherwise I may try some pin swapping to have both

You have to lose something, either aux or cd. I find it best to remove cd pins and then u can have both aux and bluetooth.

It arrived today.

First thing was the plug is slightly different and doesn't lock in to the quadlock. It just pushes in so not really a problem.

Instructions mentioned that if i have bose Id need to transfer the wire from the aux connector, thought I'd try without doing this.

Everything worked but a bit of a backround hiss and the volume seemed to be very loud and going up and down on its own.

Decided then that I would move the bose pin. While I was at it I decided to transfer the aux + and - and also the remaining earth.

Tried again and all fine. No hiss and volume back to normal.

Music works from CD1 and my original aux also working. I can skip fwd and back with the scroll button on the wheel just fine but once I try to push the scroll I seem to lose remote control of the tracks. No big loss overall. One thing I havent checked is if music stops and resumes when I get out and then back in the car.

Quality isnt great compared to aux but its prob not a fair comparion as my phone doesn't have a 3.5mm jack and so I was using a dragonfly black DAC to my usb c. Perfectly listenable though.

Original phone bluetooth working perfectly too (though I hate the mode and scroll through the phone book access)

Overall I'm happy now. For £30 I have a workable bluetooth solution that I can stream from amazon music and use BBC Sounds / Tune in for DAB radio.

Next step is finding an RNS-E at a decent price so that I can have proper phonebook access and look a bit better in the cab

It arrived today.

First thing was the plug is slightly different and doesn't lock in to the quadlock. It just pushes in so not really a problem.

Instructions mentioned that if i have bose Id need to transfer the wire from the aux connector, thought I'd try without doing this.

Everything worked but a bit of a backround hiss and the volume seemed to be very loud and going up and down on its own.

Decided then that I would move the bose pin. While I was at it I decided to transfer the aux + and - and also the remaining earth.

Tried again and all fine. No hiss and volume back to normal.

Music works from CD1 and my original aux also working. I can skip fwd and back with the scroll button on the wheel just fine but once I try to push the scroll I seem to lose remote control of the tracks. No big loss overall. One thing I havent checked is if music stops and resumes when I get out and then back in the car.

Quality isnt great compared to aux but its prob not a fair comparion as my phone doesn't have a 3.5mm jack and so I was using a dragonfly black DAC to my usb c. Perfectly listenable though.

Original phone bluetooth working perfectly too (though I hate the mode and scroll through the phone book access)

Overall I'm happy now. For £30 I have a workable bluetooth solution that I can stream from amazon music and use BBC Sounds / Tune in for DAB radio.

Next step is finding an RNS-E at a decent price so that I can have proper phonebook access and look a bit better in the cab
Mine only scrolls from the steering wheel. No action if I press in the scrolling button!

If you find an RNS-E in a decent price let me know as well!!! Haha

Let me know if your module turns off once you stop the car. Mine always stayed on...

Checked this morning, it pauses as you turn off and then resumes the music when you restart

Yeah, but does the actual module turn off as in no power once the car is shut off. Just try seeing if your bluetooth can discover it once the car is off.

Yeah, but does the actual module turn off as in no power once the car is shut off. Just try seeing if your bluetooth can discover it once the car is off.

I bought a Connects 2 DAB adapter for mine which didn’t turn off, kept discharging my battery, had it replaced but that was the same so sent it back for a refund

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk