Blacksmoke map opinions

Mike.M

Reaction score
Looking for an easy on the engine map so Blacksmoke has popped up as usual.

Mainly interested in poeple with the AVF engine and blacksmoke, but what are peoples updated experiences with the map on a PD130 since it was installed?

It also looks like I would have to send my original map off to be modded as my ECU does not match up with any on the site.

What bhp and torque remap options are there for your AVF ?

A lesser torque , higher bhp map will always be kinder to the clutch .

Reactions: Mike.M
162bhp is all they state for the AVF codes and no torque values

I've got a black smoke map for my awx pd130, I had to send my map off to him and he sent me one back but it was labeled as anouther engine code?
Uploaded it and it definatly gave it more kick, I'd replaced the clutch not long before anyway and that was fine, there was Abit more smoke out the back but I expected that and come mot time I reupload my original but for the price you can complain as its peanuts and gives you Abit more power!

i agree with the above if your going to pay good money for a proper remap then make sure you get someone who's got a rolling rd so they can do live mapping otherwise your generally gonna get a generic map thats a one fits all sort of thing.
if you go dow the clone lead route go for the mpps lead as if it crashes or you accidently unplugged the lead like i did the other day from the usb it will redo the upload, i cacked my pants lol

No disrespect to knowledgeable remappers but I've seen some stunning generic 130PD remaps, it's all about the graph!

My generic AVF remap just couldn't be bettered by a custom.

Cheers all.

I have an MPPS cable and downloaded the ECU code already so that is not an issue.

Just after a remap that is not too aggressive and the blacks mike appears to tick the boxes as the car is quite punchy out the box to be honest

No disrespect to knowledgeable remappers but I've seen some stunning generic 130PD remaps, it's all about the graph!

My generic AVF remap just couldn't be bettered by a custom.

What is your remap then?

A 175 bhp reduced torque remap ( greater than stock 229 lbft ) that is so smooth it cured the 1st stages of clutch slip.

It's probably a reworked UPsolute remap HQ in Stuttgart as that's who the agent uses , but it doesn't appear on their website.

18d7788b-d47b-4c9f-8d71-d324604756e8_zpsf4b11674.jpg

It was a very warm day , not far from 30°C and about the 12th+ car to go in the baking dyno cell .

So in normal ambient temps I know it's a genuine 180 bhp AVF 130 PD .

I know you mainly wanted AVF opinions but I have a Blacksmoke on my 2.5 V6.
I too had to send off my ECU map as he didn't list one for the 180bhp 2.5. He came back within 4 hours with a map.

I used a clone lead and copied the original map and then uploaded the Blacksmoke Map. Made a very noticeable difference, no clutch slip and no black smoke. (no pun intended!)
I'm happy with it, but will be looking at a custom map once I've had the exhaust modified.

Good exhaust mods .

I wouldn't bother with a custom remap, save some money .

What do you think you'll achieve ?

It's why mine is 180 bhp on a 175 bhp map.

Custom 2.5" decat to 2.5" Jetex non res half system .

You will gain with your exhaust mods , no expensive custom remap required my friend.

I'm running the Blacksmoke remap, based in the avf map but i did email telling him my other mods, de-cat, egr delete. So he said he had tweaked it, goes really well, 4th gear is unreal never stops pulling, with little smoke

what sort mileage's are you guys on when using Blacksmoke remaps?

The passat guys have remapped there 1.9pd's at 140-160k and had no issues, you will always run the risk of the clutches slipping if their tired but their rated to 300ft/lb iirc on the AVF being the larger 240mm clutch, and a stage 1 map will be just below 300ft/lb usually, so if your clutch is on its last legs you will find it'll slip so basically remap or not it's probably not long before the clutch needed changing anyway, yes it will accelerate wear on components and clutch itself but that's all part and parcel of a remap, if the car is in good health with frequent oil changes with good quality oils then there is no real problems.

Reactions: Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps
I'm on 180k, due a timing belt & water pump soon.
Full service history but don't see any mention of turbo or clutch change in its life but the clutch still feels sharp.

I suppose its a suck it and see