Black window trims, wrapped?

I'm afraid I can't coment on price. Had my grill an inserts painted, and window trim and mirror caps wrapped. Really superb job from Wrap Concepts / Vital signs in Essex but they're a neighbour, all ready do other work for me so I got an exceptional rate. Plus there was a second S3 being done at the same time. It really is just a question of personal preference but it added deffo another 100mph to my top speed and cut the 0-60 traffic light launch to 1.256 seconds . I love it
You Doodle 2016 11 05T13 37 13Z
IMG 5874

Reactions: GregS3, robps3, Chris E and 2 others
Had all my chrome wrapped (mirrors have carbon caps)

Wrapped in matt black. Was advised that gloss will loose its shine - I wanted matt anyway :racer:

Cost was £175 - but my S7 is a bit bigger that the 3. Majority of the cost is in the labour charge.
Car Side 1
Car Side 2

Reactions: Jassyo06, marc curtis, robps3 and 2 others
Wrapping the window trims certainly seems to be the hardest of any of the trim pieces - i was recently quoted £230 + VAT for the work (North of the border)

Wrapping the window trims certainly seems to be the hardest of any of the trim pieces - i was recently quoted £230 + VAT for the work (North of the border)
If you where ever coming to aberdeen let me know at least a week in advance as i know a guy who wraps cars and is reasonable has done sons chrome on his ztec and done my side mirros bumper and splitter

I was quoted £40 for front grill and £150 for window surrounds, and another place was £50 for grille and £160 for window surrounds.

Just a tip . I have found that the 8p front grille trim is interchangeable so if you can grab a cheap aftermarket grille or even oem with black trim and just change them over . I have done it with oem black onto aftermarket honeycombed rs3 grille

Last edited:
I wish Audi would offer the option of black window cappings as I really don't like chrome on the wondow surrounds.

I do like the standard grill though - rather than full on black pack.

As above - getting the windows done on their own can be a hassle and expense.

But well worth it for the end look :icon thumright:

Had the wheels sprayed! Not sure on the mirrors he did suggest it, what do you think?

There you go guys plasti dip ,for a first time it was ok , although the rubber doesn’t help with the plasti dip but managed to work my way around it with an ok result

Have done this - got them wrapped in situ, £200 :)

I am looking to get my RS3 de chromed and was quoted today the following .....:

Mirrors - £65+vat
Around windows - £230+vat
Grill surround including Quattro part - £80+vat
Rear diffuser £100+vat
Front bumper insert(needs carried out with a join) - £120+vat.
Roof rails £180+vat

What’s your thoughts ??

After seeing how much people charge for wrapping these bits, I think im going to give PlastiDip a try, I have used it a number of projects now and have always had fantastic results with it! So much cheaper too! Just need to mask up the car and youre good to go!

After seeing how much people charge for wrapping these bits, I think im going to give PlastiDip a try, I have used it a number of projects now and have always had fantastic results with it! So much cheaper too! Just need to mask up the car and youre good to go!

I think front grille you should wrap as its not too expensive and will protect better from stonechips. I got quoted £40 ot £50 for front grille. Plastidipping the window surrounds is a good idea as it will cost you maybe only £15 to do and is in a more protected area.

If you where ever coming to aberdeen let me know at least a week in advance as i know a guy who wraps cars and is reasonable has done sons chrome on his ztec and done my side mirros bumper and splitter
Is there any chance you could give me the name of the guy you know? I live outside aberdeen and would like to get the Crome parts wrapped on my A3 saloon, have spoke to a few places but they were not keen on doing it, cheers

Is there any chance you could give me the name of the guy you know? I live outside aberdeen and would like to get the Crome parts wrapped on my A3 saloon, have spoke to a few places but they were not keen on doing it, cheers
Will have a word with my son ( his friend ) and get his number for you mate , you would need to come to jim cause i think his car is shag*ed

There you go guys plasti dip ,for a first time it was ok , although the rubber doesn’t help with the plasti dip but managed to work my way around it with an ok result
how did you deal with the rubber, i plasti dipped the front grill and come out well, need to look at the window surrounds now. someone suggested the tape with a edge under the rubber.