bitdi real economy, air suspension & standard equipment

W

Wifeb4Life

Hi Three quick questions,

1. What are bitdi owners finding are real world economy figures?

2. Air suspension sounds like it might be worth it, is it? as I'm looking for a comfortable cruiser.

3. If I have a car for sales reg number how can I find out what equipment the car has?

Thanks
Michael

1. Over 20.000 km I have 8.7 litres/100 km (sorry, very metric measurement!) for what is almost exclusively very long and fast journeys (French and German motorways)

2. Mine is an SE on 19" wheels and supremely comfortably. If you want air suspension, seek out an Allroad, as it is standard fit and comes with wheels with higher sidewall

I'm getting somewhere in the region of 35 mpg brim to brim at the moment, that's with about 8 miles of town driving (struggles to get above 24 on this DIS during that crawl out of London) and about 12 miles of m3 / m25 (have got a solid 45 on that journey - again with the DIS). So pretty good given the performance.

Mines on 20's and a BE with the sline sports suspension, it's not too bad, but it's by no means wafty - you feel the pot holes and speed bumps, but does give a fair amount of control for a big executive motor (IMO) - but need to keep the steering in dynamic to get the feel.

Below is a site you can try - but it's the VIN number you need - found this site but didn't check it out. Couldn't find the reg number one.

http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Audi

What you in the market for - avant / saloon / allroad?

Thanks for the replies so far, they aren't bad figures, so not a million miles of the quoted figures like most cars figures.

I cant lie I was originally set on the Jag XFR but now i'm actually looking at an A7 but seems as that forum is very quiet i was told to check out the A6 C7 forum as they are roughly the same platform and engines.

I actually test drove an A6 TFSI but fell in love with the A7 shape, the A7 they had was a bitdi and suprisingly i fell in love with the diesel over a petrol! Its a peach and a lovelly engine to drive and it gives me more excuses to go for long weekend trips out (maybe even a european trip).

The test wasn't long enough to fiddle with everything and as it wasnt a main dealer they couldn't be 100% sure of everything it was equiped with and although it felt buttery smooth on 18 inch wheels i want to know if it has air suspension, LED headlights and automated headlights/wipers.

Over the last 10k miles, I average around 30mpg with mixed town and motorway driving. Town driving in traffic is 20-25, motorway 35-40. I've only managed 40mpg over a whole tank a few times, that's 90% motorway driving at no faster than 75mph, above this speed is much higher consumption. 20" rims has a big effect also too.

I have a 2012 bitdi Allroad (forsale) and get anywhere between 30-40mpg on my daily commute, which is 30,50 and 60 roads. Approx 13miles to work.
The air suspension is really good fun, Allroad when needed like avoiding large curbs and driving on grass. Dynamic sits the car low and stiffens up the cars handling. I love the Allroad spec.

Definetly more than acceptible MPG for the power and cylinders so thats great. Definetly want the air suspension then as I want a good mix of driving fun in all weathers and the most comfort I can get. Love the sound of the bitdi engine (I know of the actuator but that doesn't make it any less great).

Whats the app called exactly? as loads come up when you search Audi UK

Definetly more than acceptible MPG for the power and cylinders so thats great. Definetly want the air suspension then as I want a good mix of driving fun in all weathers and the most comfort I can get. Love the sound of the bitdi engine (I know of the actuator but that doesn't make it any less great).

Whats the app called exactly? as loads come up when you search Audi UK

My Audi mobile I think it's called

Thanks, does Dynamic Suspension mean its got Air Suspension?

and what does 'MMI navigation plus' mean?

Thanks

Didn't the facelift model only start at '14 plate?

This car I've looked at is claiming it's a Facelift model on a '13 plate:
media

media

Is this true that it is a facelift?

I thought so, i also saw a 14 reg that had round tail pipes and the front lights looked the same but the mmi was the new style, very confusing.

The MMI was upgraded on the C7 platform before the facelift. There is details by MY year if you can be bothered, but the MMI upgrade is completely different hardware - not enough to affect the resale value though.

The biggest difference is you get nav maps in the binnacle and there is no issue when you have a SIM card in the MMI and using an iPhone (although there is a solution in older versions).

Thanks is that the only difference between the updated mmi and the mmi plus options you could get on early versions?

Thanks