Big turbo please :)

Sumets fishy with that, seems too cheap to me, and im not sure if it looks genuine.

Yeh, it says the turbo may need new seals, but id account for a full rebuild.

What makes you say its blag?

Looks like a shoddy setup to me! And let's not forget all that is needed...... Uprated brakes, discs , pads, callipers, drivetrain? Some seriously good tyres and a shell fuel tanker following you round!

Other than that quality buy. Midland turbos could rebuild turbo with new seals so no oil leak.

Way off mark....

Gonna need a lot more than that and rods to get it working... injectors, inline fuel pump, water lines, oil feed etc for starters... RS4 MAF, a proper pipe for that screamer, ARP head bolts (as its a GT35), forged pistons (std are only really good for just over 400hp realistically), clutch, engine mounts, FMIC (as you have said), brakes, 3" exhaust, large port head and plenty of heat shielding...

And a map of course...

that exhaust mani is 90 quid new but I do know a race car thats running the same one and seems to be doing ok other than having to weld it once or twice.... not sure if thats a genuine Garrett turbo and if its a journal or roller bearing one... looks water cooled so half way there...

If its too good to be true then it is probably best avoided... be aware that 500hp isn't just fitting a turbo..

<tuffty/>

I'd bet it's a Chinese copy of a GT35.

If by some miricale it's genuine it will need a chra, which will cost IRO £500

Ha shot down :( nah i knew itd be way more work, but im a stage hopper, build up abit of money and accumulate parts as i go along.

I need a new manifold and i may aswel get a new turbo whilst im paying someone to do the work, bare min out lay for a £500 setup that is cheaper to buy than my standard oem or there abouts sounds good in theory.

But as tufftys list has kind of left my head spinning, i may aswell leave the big boys toys for a while yet, just thought that looks a bargain lol

Im sure hybrid is the way forward for my budget of around £1000 inc map lol.

You'll be lucky to get a hybrid fitted and mapped with appropriate injectors for a grand tbh

Ha shot down :( nah i knew itd be way more work, but im a stage hopper, build up abit of money and accumulate parts as i go along.

I need a new manifold and i may aswel get a new turbo whilst im paying someone to do the work, bare min out lay for a £500 setup that is cheaper to buy than my standard oem or there abouts sounds good in theory.

But as tufftys list has kind of left my head spinning, i may aswell leave the big boys toys for a while yet, just thought that looks a bargain lol

Im sure hybrid is the way forward for my budget of around £1000 inc map lol.

You'll be lucky to get a hybrid fitted and mapped with appropriate injectors for a grand tbh

Yeh im being as cheap as possible, not all will agree with that method. I just want 230+bhp and im happy. Not to fussed about big turbos and hybrids but its the only way to go for over 220bhp.

Its taking me a while, iv got a few bits already, i have a smf clutch setup and had my decat and down pipe sitting in the shed for longer than id like to say, but if you break it down its not that bad. £250-300 for map, £80-120 injectors. £40-60 manifold, hybrid ko3s £350-??? Add £150-200 for the fmic and i can live with that.

After all my car is not worth much more than £1400 in todays market.

And yes i know whats coming, just buy a faster car, and yes thats a good idea :)

But all the cars i like/can afford are 1.8ts lol i was thinking cupra r, but i had a nice cupra and the interior was just shyt, and the cupra r aint much better.

My A3 has some of the good bits from the s3 without it being even more of a money pitt, a standard s3 is slow, and i can have a good race with a remapped s3 now, so 230bhp+ will eat quite a few things.

Any suggestion of how to get 230+bhp properly?