Big Brake kit advice

CameronS3

S3 8P
Reaction score
So just got my car back from AmD now currently stage2+ but my brakes are juddering on heavy braking assuming a warped disk so I’m looking at upgrading.
Looking at the k sport 356mm 8pots kit (link below) my question is are 356 overkill and should I be looking at the 330mm? And has anyone any experience with k sport brakes?
i believe this is the start of my build and eventually want the s3 at 500bhp so will need the brakes to handle that :)
https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/1565397/audi/k-sport-front-big-brake-kit/au08-356x32-f.html

Factory S3 is 340mm, 345mm is standard for replacement calipers. TTRS rotors are 370, this is a common upgrade for the S3 so 356mm isn't over kill.

I'm running Yellow Speed Racing 6pots and 356mm rotors and it's perfect. These are the same as the K-Sport.

There is an S3 breaking on ebay at the moment with a K-Sport kit - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253893294463 £1000 is possibly a bit much.

As for warped rotors - you can't warp rotors; the pads are likely causing uneven build up of dirt/dust.

Factory S3 is 340mm, 345mm is standard for replacement calipers. TTRS rotors are 370, this is a common upgrade for the S3 so 356mm isn't over kill.

I'm running Yellow Speed Racing 6pots and 356mm rotors and it's perfect. These are the same as the K-Sport.

There is an S3 breaking on ebay at the moment with a K-Sport kit - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253893294463 £1000 is possibly a bit much.

As for warped rotors - you can't warp rotors; the pads are likely causing uneven build up of dirt/dust.
I agree it pretty damn hard to warp a rotor it would have to be brand new with new bad and ur have to do really harsh braking without bedding them in for that to happen. And facelift s3 8p have 345mm fromt rotors i think prefacelift was 340 amd 310s at the rears so not too sure where you got 330mm from

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

oh right, is there anything I can do to resolve this for the mean time? Disks and pads on the front have only covered 1000miles or so, currently black diamond grooved disks and brembo hp2000 pads.
Did have an issue where my wheel hub came loose and the Caliper actually scored in to my new disks so assumed that could be part of the reason they were damaged and giving me juddering issues.

Thanks for the eBay link

oh right, is there anything I can do to resolve this for the mean time? Disks and pads on the front have only covered 1000miles or so, currently black diamond grooved disks and brembo hp2000 pads.
Did have an issue where my wheel hub came loose and the Caliper actually scored in to my new disks so assumed that could be part of the reason they were damaged and giving me juddering issues.

Thanks for the eBay link
That could be the reason for the judder

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bryant1998