Best Tyres for my s3

BennybS3

Reaction score
Okay so before anyone asks or tells me that there are several posts regarding this title, I have already searched the web and found some but I got lost with all the codes or names of tyres....

So basically what information I am looking for are what tyres are best for my s3...I have come across as few that have been mentioned several times but I still can't decide what ones would run my car the best and also longest.

The few I have seen are

Toyo Proxes T1R
Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 3
Michelin PS3

I have run Michelin PS3 on both my A3 quattro since I have had it, as well as on previous cars, also previously PS2.
The PS3 grips extremely well in wet and dry, even when its down to the tread limit, cant fault them. They last a fair well too.

I'd like to try to Michelin PSS, but they are significantly more money and I'm not sure if they would last so well

I have just had Michelin pilot sport 4's fitted all around and they came in at £450 fitted and I already rate them very highly! Apparently they have used some of the tech they used in making the supersports on these tyres to make them perform better

I can vouch for Eagle F1 Asy2, according all the info Goodyear put out, I'll be going for the 3.

Reactions: tonydata
I was speaking to a tech guy at audi chingford and he said he owned a s3 8p and after trying may different tyres he recommend continental contisportcontact 3, has anyone tried these ?

I wouldn't bother with the Toyo T1R.

The R888 and R888R are a different matter,but I don't think you'd be after those....

PS3 is a good tyre,but the Supersport is much better,and wears pretty well,and as above,I can also recommend the Eagle F1,but the wear rate on the previous version was pretty high compared to most others,for no increase in grip.

PS3 has my vote. Wears well with a bit of negative as a plus.
I run 235/40/18

I've got my car booked in to have four Michelin PS4's fitted this Friday, so I will let you know the verdict!

The PS3's have great reviews by countless S3 users and the PS4's are pretty much the same except for a new tyre pattern and some of the PSS technology.

Reactions: Carlos85 and BennybS3
I wouldn't bother with the Toyo T1R.

The R888 and R888R are a different matter,but I don't think you'd be after those....

PS3 is a good tyre,but the Supersport is much better,and wears pretty well,and as above,I can also recommend the Eagle F1,but the wear rate on the previous version was pretty high compared to most others,for no increase in grip.

So by looks of it ALOT of people are saying Goodyear Eagle F1 are the most common but after reading your comment mate should I go for A2 or A3??

So by looks of it ALOT of people are saying Goodyear Eagle F1 are the most common but after reading your comment mate should I go for A2 or A3??

Go with the latest.
Tyres always improve.

Reactions: Gazwould and BennybS3
I can confirm after getting a few miles under the ps4's they have been awesome, turn in feels really nice now with these and the grip feels good too.

Reactions: S.
So I had the Michelin PS4's fitted on Friday and have been for a few rags since of which I can't fault them at all, they're great and with the Quattro system you stick to the road like glue! For the price range I can't say that there's a better tyre out there.

On another note I've seen quite a few S3 owners on here complain about it's handling, I'm sorry but are you used to driving F1 cars or something!? It handles like a dream, you must be using poor tyres or have incorrect tyre pressures as I have yet to see any disappointment in it's ability round corners and I've been giving it some!

Reactions: S.
So I had the Michelin PS4's fitted on Friday and have been for a few rags since of which I can't fault them at all, they're great and with the Quattro system you stick to the road like glue! For the price range I can't say that there's a better tyre out there.

On another note I've seen quite a few S3 owners on here complain about it's handling, I'm sorry but are you used to driving F1 cars or something!? It handles like a dream, you must be using poor tyres or have incorrect tyre pressures as I have yet to see any disappointment in it's ability round corners and I've been giving it some!

Glad you're pleased with the new tyres.

Handling opens a real tin of worms....to be fair,the S3 is a bit heavy,and does tend to understeer,and adding power to it exacerbates those tendencies.
Now,it depends on whether or not you like that,or prefer something more nuetral,and I for one,was spoilt by my last performance car,so it does come down to individual likes/dislikes.

Took delivery of 4 Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 3's today, heard good things about them and for £78 a tyre it seemed great value, having them fitted thursday so il be able to give more feedback then

Reactions: Sayam
Anyone had any experiance using Bridgestone Potenzas S001? I have just purchased a set of rotors and they came with these fitted. Practically brand new.
thanks

Okay so before anyone asks or tells me that there are several posts regarding this title, I have already searched the web and found some but I got lost with all the codes or names of tyres....

So basically what information I am looking for are what tyres are best for my s3...I have come across as few that have been mentioned several times but I still can't decide what ones would run my car the best and also longest.

The few I have seen are

Toyo Proxes T1R
Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 3
Michelin PS3
, mate i use michellin pilot sport 3 on my audi a3 and the are amazing ...