Best Engine OIL for 2.0 TDI ????

y15usf

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Wanted to know what the best engine oil for the 2.0 L TDI's is.

I am using 5w 30 as recommended by the manual.

I use shell helix ultra but some people have been telling me Castrol is better for the audis.

Is this true or this just an impression people get because they are a big sponsor at events etc.

Also is there a preferred oil filter too, or not as isn't much difference between the brand of oil filters.

Quantum LL3 5W30, from any VAG dealer.

I use Mann filters for oil, air, fuel pollen. They all fit properly and are budget priced.

I use Mann filters for oil, air, fuel pollen. They all fit properly and are budget priced.

I think I’ve posted this info before , but Mann is one of the OEM filter makers used by VW AG for Genuine filters.
Not so long ago I compared side-by-side a Mann oil filter from GSF for my A3 and a Genuine Parts oil filter (made by Mann and also for my car) and they were identical.
Not similar , but identical.
Same paper pleats , same colour plastic used , even the same colour glue used to hold the filter together; same everything .
There was only 1 minor difference; the Genuine filter had the VW part number on it and was over twice the price.

same, use mann for fuel/air/oil/pollen.

on my 1.4tfsi, the oem air and oil are mann, the fuel was oem branded ufi. doubt it makes much difference as long as the brand is 'decent' though. would use bosch/hengst/ufi/etc

on my 1.4tfsi, the fuel was oem branded ufi.

On my BKD-engined TDI the fuel filter housing & assembly is made by UFI , the same as on my nieces 2011 common rail diesel A3 .
Other models can have a Mann & Hummel fuel filter assembly , it depends on engine type and year etc.
I purchased a Genuine fuel filter a while back for my car , it turned out to be made by UFI in Tunisia!!!
So I’d say UFI filters are fine , and another endorsement for Hengst, I’d say they’re easily up there in terms of OE quality with Mann.

Edit : I’ve recently bought a Genuine oil filter to carry out an oil change on my mums 2018 A1 TFSI and guess what , it’s a Mann filter .

Just out of interest why Quantum over the other brands?
its cheap, its made by a good brand (fuchs, before 2017 it was made by castrol), its genuine vw oil so you know its certified.

paid £17 for 5l of quantum not too long ago. compare that to the price of castrol or similar, why pay more

Yeah Fuchs , well made..

20140301-D4C_9260-L.jpg