B7 head unit - cant accept MICRO SD card?

wag1

Reaction score
Have a 2006 RS4,

Tried everything, 2 different SD cards, Playlists, no playlists, converted music from MPeg4 to MP3 etc etc...

The HU just will not recognise the SD card.

Sorry for being vague, I am praying its an easy fix because Radio is terrible at 8pm lol

If its anything like my B8 they have to be SD cards and not SD HC. So the biggest card you can put in is 4Gb and they have to be formatted FAT or FAT32 .

If its anything like my B8 they have to be SD cards and not SD HC. So the biggest card you can put in is 4Gb and they have to be formatted FAT or FAT32 .

If you have Concert/Symphony on your B8 can have its firmware upgraded to accept SDHC.

Have a 2006 RS4,

Tried everything, 2 different SD cards, Playlists, no playlists, converted music from MPeg4 to MP3 etc etc...

The HU just will not recognise the SD card.

Sorry for being vague, I am praying its an easy fix because Radio is terrible at 8pm lol

what head unit, presume the RNS-E? When you say not recognise, is nothing at all happening when you put the card in?

I've got the RNS-E and I have found that 2 GB is the limit and they must be plain "SD", not a later variant such as SDHC etc.

MP3 is the only format (shame lossless isn't supported) and the folder/file names can't be too long (if they are too long they will not get recognised and will be missing).

Nice car!