B7 BRD 170 DPF issue

tobnh

Reaction score
My car went into limp mode with the DPF light on aswell, opened up OBD and saw that particle filter load was at 140%. Ran a forced regenetion, drove for 15 minutes at 2100-2500RPM and the load sunk to 120%.
Am I making progress on getting it fully regenerated or should I start considering getting a new DPF or removing the DPF compeletely(Want to do this)

Saw exhaust temps up to 670c degrees which kinda worries me(I don't want to burn my car down)

can I also assume that the EGR valve is clogged aswell?

DPF on BRD is very problematic. Around the 150 000 kms mark you might as well take it out, they are ridiculously expensive to replace. Just to give you an idea, Revo never released a remap for the BRD in the UK because of DPF issues. If you do decide to take it out, you will still get an error on the cluster because the ECU uses die diff pressure over the "clogged" dpf to calculate the soot levels. And now theres no diff pressure measured. My advice, empty the dpf and do software, this platform really comes alive at the 200bhp mark ;)
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tobnh
First remove and clean your EGR, also make sure its working, the plastic gears on mine were stripped and had to be replaced. Then do another forced regen, it should start to go down fairly rapidly once it starts clearing. Mine was going down at a rate of 1% every few seconds and managed to get it from nearly 200% load down to 0% in 25 minutes or so.

Reactions: tobnh
Cleaned my EGR valve yesterday, honestly wasn't that much in there exept a layer or two of carbon which I cleaned.
Problem is where I live there's a lot of downhill and sharp turns so I can't always be at a constant 2500RPM

Drove 20 minutes last night and got it from 126 to 112

And yes I plan on removing the internals in the DPF and do a EGR delete aswell, just don't know how I go about getting the exhaust off the car.

Also, how would the car drive with the internals in the DPF taken out? Without a tune?
There's no tuner where I live so I would have to wait till later in the month