B7 avant 350BHP 2.0tfsi project.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Evening chaps, in keeping with my current range of projects on the old bus I have decided that my B7 2.0tfsi special edition is to become my project car , I have pretty well done with external mods to be honest but engine bay has become my new focus.
I don't want to go bonkers with things but i'm thinking 350bhp could be pretty well within my grasp with the right mods/parts.
Its a BUL engine already on 270bhp , so up 50bhp from the 220 factory issue with just a remap recently , has an uprated air filter, intake pipe and 034 sports cat .
I have acquired a dual catch tank setup , DV relocate kit and secured an uprated IC.
So what should I also be obtaining to get things to that 350bhp figure , I feel I need the following.
HPFP
S3 injectors
larger bore downpipe from cat to main exhaust system.
and another remap.

any feedback on other parts I need would be great chaps, don't really want to get in to larger scale engine mods to be honest as the figure I have in mind will be more than enough.

You forgot turbo

K03 hybrid like I was selling a while back or even a K04-064 which can be picked up relatively cheap but you’ll need to do a bit of modding to get it to fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DieselJake
I know, sods law as per norm..lol
I'm thinking without the turbo upgrade if possible , but open to suggestions.

I know, sods law as per norm..lol
I'm thinking without the turbo upgrade if possible , but open to suggestions.

With the stock K03, around 300bhp will be your max as it then becomes the limiting factor.. no point putting S3 injectors on with it or it will just overfuel. Uprated hpfp and Stage 2+ map will give best results, fmic and even water-meth would help aswell

thanks for the info chap, I have the fmic organised now so uprated fuel pump will next then.

Reactions: eddie2602
I'm in the same boat with my DTM, slowly collecting the parts required. Don't forget that you'll likely need a uprated clutch assembly too.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

You've also missed out the clutch. I am almost in the same boat but I just need the below bits for the jigsaw to be complete:
Turbo
Injectors
FMIC

I have the Turbo and FMIC
The irony.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Reactions: BennyG_UK
Hi Rob. As stated you just can’t get to those numbers on the K-03. That turbo is meant to be very quick off the line while maintaining fuel economy but it will run out steam quickly and as so just can’t achieve those numbers. You can definitely upgrade your HPFP if you haven’t and maybe even your fuel pump but you’ll waste your time getting S3 injectors on the stock turbo. You’re pretty close to reaching the potential of that turbo and parts you have. As someone stated, water/meth will allow you to feel a nice boost and will net an immediate 20-40hp difference.

Reactions: DieselJake