B5 Side Light Bulb Holder/Plug Alternatives

Graeme Glennon

Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to introduce myself to all of you. I have just become a member! I have a 2000 Audi B5 1.8T Quattro Sport that was originally a UK car.

I was wondering if you could advise on alternative side light options. The bulb holders have become very brittle, probably because of the excessive heat coming from the bulbs. They are HW6 bulbs, the ones with the offset pins. I need to either replace or upgrade them!

Is there a alternative solution?

Thanks in advance!

Facelift cars with Xenon headlamps had those annoying H6W bulbs. They used them becuase they are brighter/whiter and look better against the Xenon.

I think you can buy new bulb holders from Audi, but from memory they arent listed against the A4, instead you need to look for some other model, a TT perhaps?

Alternatively, get some standard 501 wedge bulb holders from a normal facelift A4, and splice them in, then fit some LED bulbs.

Reactions: Graeme Glennon
Facelift cars with Xenon headlamps had those annoying H6W bulbs. They used them becuase they are brighter/whiter and look better against the Xenon.

I think you can buy new bulb holders from Audi, but from memory they arent listed against the A4, instead you need to look for some other model, a TT perhaps?

Alternatively, get some standard 501 wedge bulb holders from a normal facelift A4, and splice them in, then fit some LED bulbs.

Cheers man, will check it out!